- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of corporate development, venture capital, private equity, or investment banking experience in the digital media industry.
- Experience building financial models and valuing companies.
- Internet, communications, e-commerce, and/or cloud experience.
- Knowledge of Google products.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, business judgment, and work ethic.
About the job
As a member of the Corporate Development team, you work collaboratively across functions (including Product, Legal, Finance and People Operations) to identify, evaluate, and negotiate both acquisition and strategic investment opportunities. You understand the industry landscape and regional nuances, and provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. With an air of humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is – and what could be.
As a Corporate Development Analyst, you will work collaboratively with the Product, Legal, Finance, and Human Resources teams to identify and evaluate investment opportunities. You will also work closely with management and provide them with the insight to drive strategic decision-making. You’ll use your quantitative and strategic thinking skills to identify new opportunities within the industry.
The Corporate Development team drives Google’s worldwide growth by identifying exciting acquisition and strategic investment opportunities across existing and future markets – and then working to make them happen. Consisting of experienced merger-and-acquisition leaders, investment professionals, scouting and strategy specialists, and integration experts, we’re dedicated to identifying the business opportunities of tomorrow. We drive team decisions, lead negotiations, and help run post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
- Identify, evaluate, and value strategic investment opportunities.
- Drive management team decisions and interface with Google Product and Engineering teams.
- Lead agreement negotiations and strategic execution.
- Support investment portfolio management.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
If interested, please apply here.