Founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $28.2B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $2.9B Bio funds, the $3.1B Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Celo, Coinbase, Compound, Dfinity, Diem, Maker, and OpenSea. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
The Associate Partner, Crypto will work with a16z Crypto portfolio companies as the go-to-market subject matter expert to help portfolio companies drive towards their ambitious growth goals. A successful candidate has a breadth of experience and knowledge across the blockchain and crypto landscape, including: NFTs and gaming; Web 3 applications / Layer 0, 1, 2 protocols; dApps; blockchain/crypto developer tools; exchanges; liquidity providers and market makers; and DeFi/Payments.
This individual will be on the crypto GTM Network team, reporting to the GTM Partner and working closely with the crypto General Partners, deal team, and other cross functional teams responsible for Crypto.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, purpose driven partnerships professional who can help develop and guide the partnership strategy with both a16z portfolio companies and corporates that are interested in understanding the space.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Demonstrate understanding across the protocol layers, middleware applications, gaming and NFT players, DeFi and payments sector, and other divisions within the space
- Hold proven partnership expertise with decision makers within the global crypto native organizations as well as traditional organizations
- Exhibit critical thinking and embody a growth mentality to master the quickly growing space
- Have a perspective of how public vs private vs hybrid blockchain is used across organizations
- Advise the a16z crypto portfolio companies on product market fit, GTM strategy, partnership plans, and pitch/presentation skills
- Build a growing, global ecosystem comprised of both traditional and crypto-native organizations which are deemed as high priority for a16z’ success and GTM function
- Develop workshops, content, and scalable programs to assist portfolio companies’ growth
- Conduct introductions, meetings, corporate briefings, events, and conferences amongst the a16z network
- Share relevant market insights with a16z investment partners to better advise the market receptivity and the evolving investment thesis
- Have a passion for blockchain technology, the crypto landscape, and the innovative potential this emerging area presents across several verticals
- 4-6 years of business development experience with a solid understanding and knowledge of blockchain and overall crypto landscape
- Have existing insight into how blockchain and crypto is currently being used across Enterprise, Consumer, Public Sector, Financial, and Bio/Health organizations
- Communicate at an executive level to share findings from portfolio companies and the network
- Collaborative and open work ethic, with a “we” mentality to help the broader firm succeed
- Comfort working independently in a remote environment to define OKRs and KPIs, and drive successful relationships with and for portfolio companies
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally for business meetings, if/when deemed safe
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
If interested, please apply here.