At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission. We’re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world’s most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
Identifying and sourcing investment opportunities in relevant early stage healthcare platform, technology, and companies.
- Responsibilities include: R&D pipeline analysis, analysis of operations, assessing financial performance, commercial assessment/market potential, and competitive landscape analysis
- Must successfully build a strong network within the life sciences ecosystem (specific focus on the investment community) to advance EII
Supporting the Head of San Francisco Office in all aspects of the investment process including internal and external resource/team management, developing internal support for investment proposals, leading diligence activities, contracting and negotiation, and transaction execution
Management of portfolio companies including procuring and managing the use of internal Eisai corporate services and resources as necessary, ensuring adherence to contractual obligations and key performance objectives, supporting operations, and serving as key trusted point of contact for company management
Leading select and diverse strategic initiatives and related projects while liaising with Eisai network of companies’ personnel
This position is not expected to make any independent decisions that would materially impact the company’s financials or external stakeholder opinions, but would make participate in the development of materials that lead to recommendations that could have material impact. This position will make independent decisions directly related to analysis of business strategies, deal valuations, project management and target company interactions.
- 5 – 10 years of work experience
- Graduate level degree – PhD, MBA or equivalent
- Prior work in healthcare technology industry: digital healthcare technology background required.
- Prior work in venture capital, private equity, business development, corporate strategy, strategic consulting and/or investment banking
- Strong knowledge of digital healthcare technology
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to research, synthesize, and effectively communicate strategic industry, competitor, and financial information
- Ability to understand and communicate clinical data and analyze R&D pipelines and portfolio
- Proven project management skills with the ability to work independently and balance multiple assignments
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and executive level management; influencing without authority
- Ability to develop compelling and visually appealing presentations
- Strong knowledge of science, accounting and valuation
- Strong understanding of capital markets
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Along with advanced skills in Excel (modeling & simulation), PowerPoint and Word, must be adept at using common online tools & databases
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
IF interested, please apply here.