J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J. P. Morgan is one of the most successful and long-standing global private equity managers in the industry. We believe that successful private equity investing involves having access to best-in-class investment opportunities and managers; conducting objective, rigorous and thoughtful due-diligence; and making disciplined investment decisions that consistently generate attractive returns over time. In an effort to continue developing J.P. Morgan’s private investment offering to meet our clients’ needs, J.P. Morgan is launching a private multi-strategy investment fund focused on sustainable investing and ESG strategies targeting growth-stage and mature companies. The Fund will source, evaluate, and invest in late stage growth equity and private equity transactions made on a global basis in leading companies with exceptional management teams.
The Fund and related JPMorgan Chase balance sheet investments are focused on integrating material environmental, social, and governance factors, in its investment strategies, along with assessing long-term impact, sustainability, and related issues. The Associate will support the team’s implementation of its Sustainability and ESG strategies through multiple responsibilities including conducting research to develop investment themes across relevant sectors and tracking relevant ESG and impact KPIs across target investments and portfolio companies.
We are seeking an Associate for a late stage venture and growth equity fund on J.P. Morgan’s platform. The primary responsibility of this Associate is to source new investment opportunities, track deal flow, conduct due diligence, aid in transaction structuring, assist with internal investment processes, actively monitor investments, and support the team’s broader efforts around impact / ESG investing.
- Perform various outbound marketing and deal sourcing activities, which may include email outreach, attending conferences and demo days, interfacing with prospective co-investors, investment banks, and entrepreneurs
- Develop investment theses, themes, and market maps based on in-depth fundamental research; monitor global ESG trends
- Effectively evaluate and analyze investment opportunities, with the purpose of forming independent investment decisions
- Conduct comprehensive due diligence on prospective investments
- Build and maintain financial models and conduct valuation analyses
- Ongoing monitoring and support of portfolio companies
- Contribute to ongoing integration of ESG factors into the Fund’s investment processes
- Support reporting, tracking, and maintenance of ESG metrics and KPIs through data collection and benchmarking
- Maintain proprietary deal database
- Perform other responsibilities related to executing the investment mandate of the fund
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum two years of investment experience or Investment Banking experience
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to review and articulate investments with clients
- Team oriented and exceptional work ethic
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated with a demonstrable interest for sustainability and/or investing
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
IF interested, please apply here.