The Partnership Fund for New York City is a social impact investment fund focused on creating jobs in New York City and growing the local economy. Our investments range broadly—from projects in inner city neighborhoods that help provide employment and better services to underserved populations to those that catalyze the growth of emerging sectors such as life sciences and fintech. In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, in 2020 we launched the NYC Small Business Resource Network, which is a public-private partnership to accelerate small business recovery, in partnership with NYC and the five borough chambers of commerce. We also operate the FinTech Innovation Lab, which connects emerging fintech companies to large financial institutions, and the Transit Tech Lab, which is a partnership with the MTA and other NYC metro public transit agencies to identify new technologies for public transit. Going forward, the Partnership Fund will be increasingly focused on investments and initiatives that support (i) public sector innovation, (ii) developing new approaches to financial and social inclusion and (iii) women and minority entrepreneurship.
The Partnership Fund was started in 1996 by Henry Kravis under the auspices of the Partnership for New York City, the city’s premier business organization. Our funding was provided by the private sector. We have invested over $180 million since inception.
Interested candidates should apply through this link:
Watch a Video about the Senior Vice President Position
- Advance the Partnership Fund’s mission of investing for “double bottom line” returns.
- Develop new and innovative ideas for investments, economic development programs and sector growth initiatives.
- Build, maintain and leverage the Partnership Fund’s network of business leaders and create engagement opportunities through programs, special initiatives and portfolio companies.
DEAL SOURCING AND REVIEW
Identify and develop deal flow and coordinate review of proposals.
- Identify investment opportunities. Evaluate business plans.
- Cultivate PF relationships with relevant venture capital firms, social investors and within sectors to increase deal flow and gain access to best investments.
- Lead due diligence and related investment process. Negotiate deal terms, structure and documentation. Prepare due diligence memorandum for approval by PF Board.
- Identify, engage and manage project teams. Work with volunteer project teams on due diligence and deal structuring. Ensure that project team is used strategically and is fully involved throughout the process.
- Engage relevant PF board members as appropriate in investments, both during due diligence and once invested.
- Oversee work of associates on relevant projects
Facilitate the growth and success of relevant portfolio companies.
- Monitor both financial and qualitative performance of portfolio companies, in coordination with Portfolio Management team.
ADVANCE THE MISSION OF THE FUND
- Expand the PF network to increase deal flow; perform speaking engagements and engage sector advisory board members, as appropriate.
- Engage Partnership Fund’s volunteers in potential investments and strategic discussions
- Expand network of volunteers engaged with Fund
- MBA preferred and at least 10 years work experience in investing/finance and/or business development post business school.
- Excellent quantitative/analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent writing, communication, marketing and organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to social impact and entrepreneurship and to the Fund’s double bottom line mission.
- Skillful at building relationships with senior executives. Able to manage relationships with PF network, entrepreneurs and Partnership staff.
- Able to effectively collaborate internally and externally. Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to anticipate problems and find creative solutions.
- Business knowledge: Able to understand business issues and incorporate appropriately.
- Able to work in a small staff environment. Willing to perform, and where needed assume responsibility for, organizational tasks.
- Able to take initiative and work independently.
- Strong leadership skills.
The Partnership for New York City is committed to public health and to the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and guests. We have adopted a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption. This position is on site.
The Partnership for New York City is deeply committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender or intersex status, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, familial status, caregiver status, domestic violence victim status and intern status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law.