KKR is seeking a Vice President to join the KKR Global Impact team with a focus on supporting the assessment, management, and reporting of impact and ESG performance. This role would be based in
our New York office and report to the Director, Sustainable Investing, and the co-heads of KKR Global Impact.
KKR Global Impact is focused on identifying and investing behind global opportunities where financial performance and societal impact are intrinsically aligned. Specifically, the business is focused on
companies whose core business models provide commercial solutions that contribute measurable progress toward one or more of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals. To learn more,
visit https://www.kkr.com/businesses/global-impact .
Responsibilities may include:
Responsibilities related to the investment process
- Partnering with the investment team to help implement KKR’s impact management processes,including helping to assess a potential investment’s contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals
- Work with KKR’s non-profit partners to evaluate sustainability context and impact thesis for potential Fund investments
- Facilitate the oversight and assessment of impact and ESG-related performance as part of the portfolio management processes
- Support KKR’s understanding of investable ESG and impact trends
Responsibilities related to supporting portfolio companies
- Develop relationships with portfolio companies upon entering portfolio and supporting impact and ESG-related efforts over the life of the investment
- Maintain system for monitoring risks and opportunities across the portfolio during ownership
- Facilitate the collection and analysis of impact and ESG data from portfolio companies
Responsibilities related to investor engagement
- Develop investor-facing reporting on portfolio company and fund-level impact performance, including both qualitative and quantitative content
- Produce content for fundraising materials and a variety of investor requests for information
Responsibilities related to best practices and thought leadership
- Develop thought leadership content to share with investors and the public on a proactive basis
- Maintain and enhance KKR’s understanding of ESG and impact management best practices
- Build strong relationships with other key players in the impact community, including non-profits, impact investing networks, and academic institutions
Critical Competencies for Success
- Strong, proven understanding of the impact investment landscape, including relevant frameworks, networks, and key players
- Experience working with investors or companies on ESG/sustainability issues
- Ability to facilitate projects across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Trustworthy and accountable
- Quick learner with clear intellectual curiosity and self-motivation
- Proven ability to manage demands of multiple teams and projects in a fast-paced work environment, including ability to prioritize time efficiently and handle heavy workloads while remaining attentive to detail
- Aptitude for critical and creative thinking across the quantitative and qualitative spectrum
- Outstanding oral and superior written communication skills, including the ability to read information/situations from varying perspectives and tailor messages to suit different audiences
- Meticulous organization skills
- Technical and aesthetic mastery of PowerPoint and other programs
- Maturity, presence, sound judgment, and ability to form and express opinions effectively to cross-divisional teams including senior management
A successful candidate typically will have at least five years of experience with an MBA and/or other relevant degree (Masters, etc.) and a background in responsible investment, sustainability management, impact management and reporting, or associated fields.
Please submit resume and cover letter on or before March 25, 2020 to the search firm, Weinreb Group, via the Apply Now link below. The cover letter should include why you are qualified for this role and information on possible start date. All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence.
KKR is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. KKR is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
If interested, please apply here.