645 is seeking to hire a new team member on its Investment and Research team. The intended hire is either an Associate or Vice President, and we are flexible based on the candidate’s experience. In this role, the individual will work closely with the firm’s General Partners to source, evaluate, and invest in competitive early-stage startups. The hire will lead due diligence and advocate for deals, while simultaneously building personal relationships and thought leadership in the tech community.
- At least two years of Venture Capital (including fellowships/internships at top firms), Engineering, Startup, Venture Capital, or Consulting experience, focusing on software and/or Internet companies.
- Demonstrated ability to source high-quality investments that have exited or attracted competitive follow-on funding.
- Network in startup community including exceptional founders, venture capitalists, and accesses to elite sources of deal flow that have produced exits in the $500 million – $1 billion + range.
- Detail-oriented financial modeling and analytical skills, demonstrating an ability to perform venture capital valuation, income statement analysis, underlying unit economics analysis, total addressable market analysis, and develop research on markets that may not exist.
- Strong understanding of venture capital deal terms.
- A strong understanding of infrastructure software, cyber security, SaaS, or Machine Learning is a plus.
- Very strong written, communication, and public speaking skills as the role will require both written and verbal communication to the firm’s stakeholders.
- Time management and team coordination, and strong ability to multi-task.
- Preferred undergraduate or graduate degree from a top university that has produced several startups that exit in the $500m to $1B+ range. Demonstrated ability to activate that network.
Location: New York City
How to Apply: email to email@example.com expressing their interest in joining the firm and LinkedIn URL.