The Lightstone Group is seeking an Principal, Venture Capital in our NYC location. The Principal, Venture Capital will report into the Chief Executive Officer. The incumbent will lead the sourcing and due diligence of PropTech investments for our Corporate Venture Capital arm which incubates and invests in early stage FinTech companies. As an early stage investor, we focus primarily on seed to Series B investment opportunities, and we lead rounds when we believe we can be especially helpful to the company.
The ideal candidate will directly interact with colleagues throughout the organization and therefore should have strong quantitative and analytical skills, be detail-oriented, articulate, and well organized. The candidate must display initiative, good judgment in managing multiple tasks and strong problem solving skills. The ability to think strategically and to present information in a clear and concise manner is critical.
- Build and leverage network to source, evaluate, and analyze potential new investments
- Lead discussions with founders
- Conduct due diligence inclusive of gathering market information, industry research, market mapping/sizing, and financial analysis
- Synthesize data to prepare investment memorandums
- Convert market knowledge and due diligence findings into well-developed investment recommendations
- Present comprehensive narrative along with due diligence findings to executive leadership team
- Partner with legal counsel to review fund and deal terms, negotiate and execute
- Maintain industry best practice due diligence and develop future enhancements of due diligence methodology
- Conduct ongoing reviews of investments
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, or Accounting with demonstrated academic excellence
- Advanced degree in Real Estate, Finance or Accounting a plus
- 3+ years of relevant venture capital experience, preferably in FinTech
- Proven ability to network and source relevant PropTech deals
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex business documents including financial reports
- Superior verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Strong process management skills
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task effectively in a deadline driven environment while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Capacity to work independently in a fast paced environment, taking initiative, and anticipating requests
- Demonstrated ability to identify errors, problems and opportunities and effectively problem solve
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is highly entrepreneurial, both strategic and creative, and which requires rapid learning, multitasking and prioritizing under tight deadlines
- Excellent wPrinng knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, with expertise in Excel
- Work is performed in an office environment during normal business hours. However, depending on business requirements, evening and weekend work may be required
- Physical demands include lengthy periods of sitting, movement within the office environment and use of computers, phones, and copier/faxes is required.
- Work is typically performed in the NYC Office but may require either domestic or global travel for several days based on business needs.
If interested, please apply here.