Please do not apply if you do not have at least 5-7 years of experience in venture capital, private equity, growth equity and/or investment banking.
SeedInvest is seeking a Principal to join our Venture Team in New York City. SeedInvest is looking for someone with significant experience in leading deal sourcing at a top-tier Venture Capital fund, Growth Equity fund, Private Equity fund or Investment Bank. This is an opportunity to contribute significantly to a leading equity crowdfunding platform which is dramatically changing the way private companies raise capital.
This is a salaried full-time position ($100k-$120k) with equity compensation (0.05-0.10%).
We Are Looking For Someone
- With a deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and investing
- Who can hit the ground running and lead a sourcing team
- Who can develop and maintain external relationships
- Who can drive revenue and manage a P&L
- With strong critical thinking skills and creativity
You’ll Be Expected To
- Help grow and manage the sourcing team
- Establish and manage KPIs across the entire sourcing team
- Establish best practices and guide members of the sourcing team
- Generate leads for new investment opportunities, with a particular focus around larger investment opportunities
- Build and maintain relations with startup founders and management teams
- Build and maintain relations with Venture Capital firms, Angel Groups and Accelerators
- Continually find ways to improve our processes across the board
- Perform preliminary due diligence on select investment opportunities
- Present new opportunities to our Investment Committee
The Minimum Requirements Are
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier institution
- Significant experience (Senior Associate, VP or Principal level) sourcing investment opportunities at a top-tier Venture Capital fund, Growth Equity fund, Private Equity fund, or Investment Bank
- Proven track record of sourcing, evaluating and closing deals
- Proven track record of building and managing a team
- Excellent finance and accounting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
SeedInvest is a leading equity crowdfunding platform that provides individual investors with access to vetted startup investment opportunities. SeedInvest was instrumental in the passage of the 2012 JOBS Act, which changed 80-year-old U.S. securities laws to make it possible for entrepreneurs to raise capital over the Internet. SeedInvest has funded over 150 startups and boasts a rapidly growing network of over 250,000 investors. SeedInvest has had over 40,000 startups apply to raise capital since inception and has accepted less than 1% of those companies to feature on the platform. The company was recently featured on the 2018 Inc. 500 List as the 4th fastest-growing financial services company in America.
IF interested, please apply here.