I’m excited to announce that NextView is adding a Principal to our investment team based in New York. This individual will focus on sourcing investment opportunities, working with NextView portfolio companies, and building the firm’s presence nationwide though with a particular focus on the New York tech ecosystem.
NextView is a thriving and growing VC platform, and we are looking for a highly talented individual who has the potential to develop into a long-term member of our team.
Who We Are Looking For
- You have unbounded curiosity for emerging trends, a love for experimentation, and you’re always eager to dive into new products and technologies before others do.
- You have 5-10 years of professional experience as a technology operator, founder, and/or investor. You have a strong network in the NYC startup ecosystem that is additive to our team.
- You have an authentic passion for startups and a deep respect for entrepreneurship. You act as an “invited guest.”
- You have an edge in the highly competitive world of early stage investing that comes from some combination of your experience, industry knowledge, and personal network.
- You have developed a depth of expertise in a highly attractive area of investment (eg: digital health, web3.0, consumer, etc.).
- You have strong points of view and express them with conviction. At the same time, you are able to consider the input of others and work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy approaching work independently without much direction.
- You are hungry. You have a deep desire to hone your skills as a venture capitalist and are ready to hustle to meet the next great founder.
- You enjoy meeting new people and have a healthy appetite for conversation.
- You believe that entrepreneurship can be a profound force for good. You resonate with the NextView mission to “design the future that we want to live in.”
What The Job Will Be Like
You will be an integral member of the close-knit NextView investment team, and we expect you to actively contribute to investment strategy discussions to help sharpen our collective thinking.
You will spend 70-80% of your time helping to identify new investment opportunities and expand NextView’s network and presence in NYC. You will spend the rest of your time working alongside the partners throughout the investment process – analyzing investment opportunities, assisting in market research and diligence, and post-investment portfolio support. While you will be exposed to a broad range of companies, you are expected to develop your own specialization and areas of focus within the firm. We will work together to leverage the firm’s platform to help you thrive.
You will be based in the NYC office but will be able to pursue investments across North America.
NextView is a thematic, seed-stage VC firm focused on the Everyday Economy with $500M+ of capital under management. We invest nationally across Consumer and B2B, with most of our investments are based in NYC, SF/Bay Area, and Boston. We are proud seed investors in over 100 portfolio companies over the last decade, including TripleLift, Grove Collaborative, Attentive, Whoop, Devoted Health, Drift, ThredUp, and Skillz.
We have a high-conviction, hands-on approach to seed investing. We lead or co-lead most of our investments and invest very early…80% of the unicorns we have backed were pre-product at the time of our investment. We make fewer investments on a per-partner basis than nearly all seed funds in the country, so we have the bandwidth to take board seats and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with founders to make the biggest possible impact. Check out our blog for how we think about company building and investing.
A Final Note
We are conducting a broad and inclusive search for this role. Our team comes from a range of backgrounds in terms of ethnicity / gender / nationality and we are firm believers that diverse points of view strengthen our collective intellectual equity and long-term performance. We truly welcome people with a broad set of backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Interested? Please apply through this application form – all applications will be reviewed confidentially.