Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Ventures is the venture fund affiliated with Comcast NBCUniversal. Comcast Ventures is focused on generating superior financial returns from early to growth stage investments in the technology driven advertising, consumer internet, enterprise and infrastructure companies. CV works to foster the success of its portfolio companies by leveraging the unique resources and insights of both CV and the Comcast/NBCUniversal family of companies. Today, CV has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Philadelphia. For more information, see http://www.comcastventures.com .
ComcastVentures is expanding in New York and is looking for a new member of the team to join as a Principal. We want to work with people who can communicate effectively, think analytically, demonstrate great business judgment, and above all are passionate about working with entrepreneurs and growing businesses.
The Principal will be sourcing investment opportunities; conducting market, product and financial due diligence; managing the deal closing process; analyzing financing terms; working closely with portfolio companies; interacting with other investors, advisors, and our colleagues atComcastNBCU; and developing investment insights into areas of interest for the fund. The Principalwill work closely with the fund’s Partners in all areas, but with a particular emphasis on consumer internet technology opportunities including: eCommerce, digital media, marketplaces, and consumer services platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying attractive investment opportunities
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with entrepreneurs
- Conducting market product and financial due diligence
- Financial analysis and returns modeling
- Taking a large role in the deal closing process
- Interacting with other venture investors, advisors and colleagues at Comcast NBCU
- Developing investment insights into areas of interest to the fund
- Supporting existing portfolio companies
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- MBA/Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, or related from a top institution.
- At least 5 years of investment banking, consulting, venture capital, start-up, or in a senior position at digital media or software company. Generally requires 12+ years related experience
- Demonstrated aptitude for understanding new technologies, including technical knowledge of communications networks
- An established industry network within the NYC technology/entrepreneurial community
- Demonstrable ability to build financial models to assess operating economics and investment returns
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please apply here.