Assurant has an exciting opportunity for aPrincipal, Corporate Venture Capital Investments to drive corporate venture activity via Assurant Growth Investing!
- Invest in companies who are early in their lifecycle and have high growth and/or high disruption potential
- Guide and work with a team of professionals that identifies, reaches out to, negotiates, diligences and closes potential investment opportunities
- Create a diversified portfolio of investments in venture and growth stage companies
- Deliver attractive financial results and strategic benefits to Assurant based on investment returns from exited investments and opportunities/learnings generated from the portfolio companies
- Track & deliver on anticipated investment results
- Ensure alignment on strategic priorities for Assurant and assess where growth strategies and/or disruption opportunities could benefit from venture and growth stage investments
- Build sector screens to assess attractiveness of potential sectors and investment targets
- Develop investment theses based on analysis
- Identify high potential targets
- Outreach to and build relationships accordingly with prospective targets
- Build financial valuation and expected return models that include sensitivity and scenario analyses
- Lead due diligence process
- Network & build relationships with VC and PE Funds, incubators, entrepreneurs, investment banks, to build a high value network of potential sources for investment opportunities
- Lead the process in creating and presenting investment cases to the Assurant Investment Committee
- Responsible for one analyst but could vary
- Education Bachelor of Arts or Science or equivalent higher education degree
- 5 years’ experience in investment management or investment banking, or management consulting
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Masters of Business Administration or equivalent advanced degree is beneficial
Knowledge and Skills
- Language: Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese is a benefit
- Strong expertise in investment analysis
- Excellent communication skills including listening skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Comfortable operating at executive level and representing the enterprise at high levels
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to influence without direct authority
- Demonstrated relationship building and partnering skills
- Able to work effectively in fast paced and changing environment
- Cultural fit to Assurant in regard to values and ethics
- Excellent /problem solving/planning/project management skills
- Thought leader, high degree of creativity & innovation
- Advanced level Excel and PowerPoint skills
Assurant Employee Benefits and Value Proposition
- We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
- We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
- Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
If interested, please apply here.