The Arc Companies
… are seeking a highly motivated, Venture Capital Principal to join our team. We invest opportunistically in a wide array of start-ups, later stage companies and funds with a tech focus covering broad swathes of the ecosystem, including AI, automotive, cyber, dev opps, digital health, fin tech, gaming, HR, industrial tech, iot, insurtech, medical devices, pharma, proptech, search, space, and weather tech. Arc is a fast growing environment where bright, creative thinkers have joined together to do unique, opportunistic venture capital investing.
We value intellectual curiosity, rigorous analysis, creative problem solving, a collaborative spirit, and a willingness to express individual opinions to help us identify the best paths forward.
Join the Team!
Our new Principal will be a leader within the Arc investment team and be expected to demonstrate strong project management skills, critical thinking, communication and internal management skills while working with senior leadership. Success will be determined by the ability to:
- quickly digest and analyze relevant information from potential investment opportunities
- present the analysis and resulting conclusions/recommendations in a clear and concise writing
- confidently support all conclusions against probing investment committee inquiries
This new role will join our existing team and focus on the following:
- Manage and continually evolve all stages of the venture investment evaluation and execution process, including valuation, due diligence, investment recommendations, and preparation of transaction documents and supporting materials
- Create and manage comprehensive financial models for individual start-ups as well as our venture capital portfolio as a whole
- Manage Arc’s relationship with its portfolio companies, including ensuring progress against benchmarks, exit analysis and business plan execution
- Help source and evaluate new investment opportunities, including funds, SPVs and direct investments
- Lead, mentor and develop existing team of associates/analysts
- Curate the investment opportunity pipeline to drive our communication with those companies in which we are interested in investing or otherwise assisting
- Collaborate with the CIO and the rest of the Investment Team to do strategic planning, as well as develop and evolve systems, policies, and procedures for managing our pipeline and portfolio
- Assist portfolio companies with business development, future funding and other strategic initiatives
Relevant Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree; MBA or similar degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in venture capital, private equity, and/or start-ups
- Collaborative thinker who excels in teams and is also an independent, self‐starter
- Deep interest in technology, entrepreneurship and business
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel and other Microsoft Office apps
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience. We are proud to offer excellent benefits.
Location: New York, NY 10017
If interested, please apply here.