8090 Partners is seeking a Principal for its investment team. While 8090 has offices in in New York and Los Angeles, this role can be remote-based with a preference for NYC-based candidates.
8090 Partners is a global investment partnership of twenty two industry-leading families and entrepreneurs focused on direct investments and other opportunistic transactions. The firm’s families represent $50 billion dollars of wealth across 25 industries (i.e. real estate, technology, biotech, chemicals, aerospace, and others). 8090’s long-term vision is to become the world’s leading investment partnership for the leading family offices and institutional investors.
8090 is seeking a Principal to lead the firm’s investment operational processes and deal execution. This candidate will work directly with the managing partners and our globally renowned families to:
- Source high-caliber growth-stage venture opportunities
- Responsible for the management of the deal execution process (i.e, drafting term sheets, negotiation, legal, closing)
- Lead investor and LP communications (both verbal and written) with respect to sponsored deals alongside the managing partners
- Create well-written reports, presentations, and investment updates for 8090 LPs
- Manage the portfolio of 8090 investments, and provide support to portfolio companies by advising senior management, attending board meetings, and supporting portfolio companies by facilitating strategic partnerships and adding value from the 8090 ecosystem
- Help guide the internal investment process in a collaborative manner to evaluate investment opportunities, lead underwriting (including both quantitative and qualitative due diligence), and leverage both external resources and 8090 families’ industry expertise.
- 6-8 years related experience typically gained with a venture or growth equity investment firm (preferred), institutional single or multi-family office, wealth management firm, private equity firm, or investment bank.
- Extremely well-developed network of investment industry connections, including relationships with entrepreneurs and venture capitalists at other funds
- Exceptional investment ability/accomplishments with a successful track record of sourcing, structuring, financing, and managing venture and growth equity investments, and managing investment teams and processes
- Very strong communications and presentation skills in written and verbal manner
- An entrepreneurial, self-starting personality with strong team orientation.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and iterate easily with shifting priorities to accomplish multiple tasks
- Impeccable track record of honesty and integrity.
- Have a passion to make the world a better place, and a professional drive that will contribute to the investment operations at 8090
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, economics, or finance, complemented by a master’s degree (preferred) with an emphasis on finance or economics
- Principal-level on partner path
- Comfortable engaging with LPs
- Outstanding Personality
- Charismatic, presentable, and has the innate ability to foster relationships and build rapport in a well-spoken manner
- Thoughtful decision maker
- Honest and logical with strong conviction on investment analysis and opportunities, while maintaining a collaborative and team-oriented work ethic
If interested, please apply here.