6th Man Ventures is a thesis-driven Web3 Fund investing in the most tenacious and disruptive founders across the global crypto and blockchain landscape. 6th Man was founded by Mike Dudas (founder of The Block & co-founder of LinksDao and Button) and Serge Kassardjian (co-founder of StayTuned), and is building a world-class team to support a portfolio of 60+ projects, protocols & companies and growth of the crypto ecosystem.
As we invest out of our second Fund, we’re looking to add our first investment principal / senior associate – someone who will source and diligence new investments, as well as work alongside our partners through the full lifecycle of the investment process. As a member of the investment team, you will learn about the venture capital industry, meet inspiring entrepreneurs and use cutting-edge technologies and products. You will form strong conviction on web3 and crypto technologies, trends, teams and implications on the broader world while sharing your learnings across the firm, our community of founders and in public.
Your work will be wide-ranging and hands-on, and will require you to understand many different crypto niches, communities and applications. You will be expected to meet with teams, conduct analysis, write internal memos, and share your insights & analysis to support 6th Man and our portfolio activities.
Curiosity, critical thinking and an open, imaginative mind are by far the most important attributes for team members in this position. We don’t over-index on resumes or accolades – we seek candidates who are hyper-curious, driven, and have insatiable enthusiasm for crypto / blockchain. Further, we’re looking for individuals that have a strong, foundational understanding of crypto’s nascent history and, importantly, know how to think from first principles.
- Sourcing and generating new investment opportunities as well as managing internal pipeline
- Supporting the investment team during the investment process, including conducting diligence, making investment recommendations, and writing investment memos
- Managing early-stage crypto equity and token deal execution, including deal structuring, negotiation, and documentation
- Identifying and evaluating key valuation drivers, themes, industry trends, and idiosyncratic considerations with respect to early-stage Web3 crypto networks and companies
- Collaborating with the team to manage the portfolio
- Developing research, market mapping, and evaluating emerging technology, themes, trends and emerging opportunities
- Write quarterly business review with a presentation on portfolio and key highlights
- Ecosystem building – being an active contributor to the crypto community by participating in local events and assisting in developing the 6th Man brand
Qualities & Capabilities:
- Curiosity and open-mindedness
- Demonstrated knowledge of and contribution to Web3, crypto and blockchain technology, projects and potential
- Meaningful impact in prior professional and crypto-related roles and activities
- Strong written and analytical capabilities
- High degree of agency
- Comfortable with a variety of backgrounds, but ideally you have experience working with high growth startups, in and around venture, or have direct crypto experience
- Comfort working independently in a remote environment while contributing to investment activities, contributing to defining and managing 6th Man objectives and internal processes and driving successful relationships with our portfolio companies and ecosystem partners
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally for community engagement, presentations, meetings and conferences
- Bonus points for technical backgrounds and active crypto network or project contributions
If interested, please apply here.