The General Partner will be responsible for raising and deploying a new $100M venture fund that will be raised in partnership with a multi-billion-dollar asset management firm. In coordination with SeedInvest’s senior leadership team, the Partner will be expected to develop and drive an investment thesis designed to leverage SeedInvest’s sizable deal flow and its unique network of 250,000 investors to maximize returns. The General Partner will be expected to run day-to-day operations of the fund, including leading fundraising efforts, sourcing investment opportunities, and building out and managing the broader investment team.
What you’ll work on
- Develop a framework for and lead the full investment lifecycle, including sourcing, diligence, post-funding support, and follow-on investments
- Evaluate and structure investment opportunities across a range of sectors, stages, and geographies
- Lead fundraising efforts with support from SeedInvest’s senior leadership team
- Support portfolio companies and take Board seats, as appropriate
- Develop proprietary deal flow and co-investor networks
- Oversee quarterly fund reporting to Limited Partners
- Recruit, manage, and mentor an investment team
What you’ll bring to SeedInvest
- Previous Principal or Partner-level experience at a top-tier venture capital firm with a strong individual track record in venture investing
- Meaningful and broad existing connections within the venture capital ecosystem
- Significant experience in building out and managing an investment team
- Established track record of fundraising from family offices, high net worth individuals, pensions, and endowments
- Strong board level experience and proven ability to add value to portfolio companies
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both lead and work within a team-based setting
SeedInvest is a leading equity crowdfunding platform that provides individual investors with access to vetted startup investment opportunities. SeedInvest was instrumental in the passage of the 2012 JOBS Act, which changed 80-year-old U.S. securities laws to make it possible for entrepreneurs to raise capital over the Internet. SeedInvest has funded over 150 startups and boasts a rapidly growing network of over 250,000 investors. SeedInvest has had over 40,000 startups apply to raise capital since inception and has accepted less than 1% of those companies to feature on the platform. The company was recently featured on the 2018 Inc. 500 List as the 4th fastest-growing financial services company in America.
In March, 2019 Circle Internet Financial Ltd. acquired SeedInvest. Circle is a global crypto finance company built on blockchain, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. Circle’s suite of products enable customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets. Circle is backed by $250 million from Goldman Sachs, Baidu, IDG, Breyer Capital, General Catalyst, and other leading global investors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If interested, please apply here.