Founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $19.2B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $1.4B Bio funds, the $3.1B Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Airbnb, Apeel, Coinbase, Figma, Freenome, Instacart, Lyft, Slack, and Stripe. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
The GTM Network team accelerates time-to-market for the a16z portfolio. The group advises portfolio teams on their go-to-market strategy across sales, marketing, and business development. Additionally, the team builds commercial and strategic partnership opportunities for the portfolio with its network of Global 2000 executives. Through these efforts, the team strives to support each portfolio company in its pursuit of product-market-fit and commercialization at scale.
We are looking for an individual with a strong passion to accelerate the impact of new enterprise technologies. As a Business Development Partner, you will be responsible for (1) managing and growing the firm’s network of technology buyers and partners across regulated industries, e.g. Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Life Sciences, Energy/Utilities, Oil/Gas (2) matching the innovation initiatives of these tech buyers with relevant portfolio companies and a16z investment partners to gain insights on trends, to create partnership opportunities, and (3) counseling and creating workshops and playbooks to accelerate portfolio company go-to-market initiatives.
To Join Our Team, You Should Be Excited To
- Build and cultivate strategic, positive relationships for the firm with a network of technology decision makers, understanding their business challenges and connecting them to portfolio companies and partners to help them solve these challenges.
- Develop long-term relationships with portfolio companies and connect a16z portfolio companies to the network through introductions, meetings, corporate briefings, events, and conferences.
- Share relevant market insights with a16z investment partners.
- Collaborate with teammates in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Lend your experience to advise enterprise startups in the portfolio on their GTM efforts.
- Assist in scaling and developing a16z’s business development function and internal processes.
- Gather, track and analyze all Market Development activities within Salesforce.
- Collaborate with other functional groups within the firm, including other Market Development teams, Deal Team, Corporate Development, Executive Talent, and Marketing.
- Must bring passion and curiosity to the role, specifically having an open mindset to new and exciting disruptions
- 7-10+ years of business development or sales experience.
- Outstanding knowledge of the complexities of selling into the enterprise space with a proven track record of closing deals and developing long-term relationships at senior leadership levels.
- Worked at a fast-growing enterprise software startup or large enterprise software company.
- You are passionate about enterprise technology, and knowledgeable about cloud, SaaS, security, and/or data and analytics.
- Ability to identify needs and trends in the industry to articulate back to a16z investment partners.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, executive presence, and presentation skills, and high attention to detail.
- You are comfortable working in a remote environment and working independently.
- This role will be located in New York City.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
If interested, please apply here.