ZX Ventures is a global incubator, operator, and venture capital team backed by Anheuser-Busch InBev. We are a small army of futurists, dreamers, doers, designers, engineers, scientists, marketers, brewers, builders, and data geeks. From operating leading craft breweries, eCommerce sites, technology products and retail operations to investing in innovative third-party companies, ZX Ventures is accelerating the future. With offices around the world, the opportunities are as vast and diverse as our team of professionals.
Our goal is to find entrepreneurial people who share our passion for growth and have demonstrated their ambition through interesting and demanding professional roles and education. Our strength lies in the diversity of our team members’ experiences. For all of our roles, we are open to candidates from a number of backgrounds, including experience with top startups, management consulting, operations, and other related functions or industries.
ZX Ventures is seeking a Global Manager, Investments & Analytics to work on technology investments and manage a new analytics platform that is currently being developed for ZX by a third-party provider.
The analytics platform consolidates and analyzes disparate pieces of data and predicts success of individual ventures, informing ZX’s investment strategy. The Associate will work cross-functionally with teams from our third-party partner, data providers, and ZX/ABI (including Finance, M&A, Strategy, E-Commerce, and others), to make sure data is being sourced correctly and flowing to the platform, run and interpret appropriate statistical models, and turn outputs into actionable insights to inform investment decisions.
The Global Manager, Investments & Analytics will also work with ZX’s Technology fund to source deals and execute investments.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build financial models and conduct due diligence on potential technology investments
- Work alongside third-party data science partner to ensure development reflects the needs of the business and that data is sourced, stored and analyzed properly
- Partner with cross-functional and cross-continental project teams to define KPIs, clarify analytical requirements, and continue to refine analytics platform
- Analyze outputs to provide actionable insights and prepare recommendations for investment decisions
- Compare with overall industry and market trends to create perspectives on specific investment strategies across teams and categories
- 3-5 years working in Business Analytics or Investing role
- Bachelor’s degree with concentrated coursework in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, and/or closely related areas
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of finance/business
- Strong financial modeling skills; experience in M&A a plus
- Basic understanding of probability models, algorithms, data structures, and machine learning
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the following a plus: R, Python
- Interest in food and beverage a plus
If interested, please apply here.