- Maintain comprehensive portfolio tracking database, and analyze the composition and performance of the portfolio.
- Work with accounting, tax, treasury, legal, and business unit experts to support pre-investment due-diligence activities, transaction closing processes, and ongoing internal and external record keeping and reporting.
- Build pro-forma capitalization tables and waterfall analyses to assess proposed investment and exit transactions.
- Develop presentations, reports, and recommendations for the senior investment team both with respect to individual transactions as well as the overall portfolio.
- Conduct internal and external benchmarking and review industry research to identify general trends and performance outliers.
- Perform rigorous investment analysis and financial statement analysis for new venture investment opportunities, including development of valuation models.
- Oversee external research and internal portfolio and pipeline analysis tools for the Ventures team, comparing alternatives available and negotiating contracts.
What we’re looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in business development or corporate finance
- Experience in financial analysis/modeling, including development of valuation models and capitalization tables
- Experience in Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word
- Knowledge of finance/accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related discipline.
- Good writing, editing, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong project/program management skills, with the ability to successfully manage dynamically shifting priorities and meet quick turn-around deadlines
- Knowledge of telecommunications, internet, and media industries
- Knowledge of the venture capital industry
- Knowledge of research databases
- Willingness to travel
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.