Corporate Development is looking for a new team member to join as a Manager of M&A and Investments. This individual will focus on surfacing and evaluating acquisition and investment opportunities and managing the operations of the M&A and venture activities of the company. The manager reports to the Executive Director, Corporate Development and FP&A.
- Screen, analyze and help execute new investment and acquisition opportunities
- Lead the building of complex financial models related to M&A valuation and business economics
- Conduct due diligence, perform valuation analyses, and oversee the integration of acquired businesses into the ongoing operations of The New York Times
- Meet with management teams, industry experts and internal NYT groups to help source new ideas
- Present investment opportunities to the Investment Committee through written and oral presentations, and conduct required follow-up
- Monitor the performance and manage the day-to-day operations of existing portfolio investments
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in investment banking, management consulting, venture capital or private equity, experience in media preferred
- Strong quantitative and finance skills (with an emphasis on valuation and corporate finance skills) and sound investment judgement
- Experience in evaluating M&A and venture investment opportunities including setting objectives, sourcing, funding, negotiation, and post-deal integration in the technology and media spaces
- Deep interest in the competitive and technological challenges facing the media industry
- Passion for The New York Times and the role of journalism in society
- Motivated, hardworking team player
- Excellent senior executive-level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to think like a principal or owner
- BS/BA is required; MBA or equivalent graduate degree is preferred
Benefits And Perks
- Make an impact by supporting our original, independent and deeply reported journalism.
- We provide competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families
- We support responsible retirement planning with a generous 401(k) company match.
- We offer a competitive parental leave.
- We are committed to career development and ongoing learning, and provide employees $8,000 annually for tuition reimbursement.
- We have frequent panel discussions and talks by a wide variety of newsmakers and industry leaders.
- Join a community committed to the richness of diversity, experiences and talents in the world we cover, supported by a variety of employee resource groups.