Corporate Development at The New York Times is a small, high-impact team focused on identifying, analyzing and accelerating the most promising acquisition and investment opportunities for the Times Company. The team works closely with the CEO and senior executives to surface high-leverage areas of exploration and sits within Strategy and Development.
Benefits And Perks
Corporate Development is looking for a new team member to join as a Manager of M&A and Investments. This individual will focus on surfacing and evaluating acquisition and investment opportunities and managing the operations of the M&A and venture activities of the company. The manager reports to the Executive Director, Corporate Development and FP&A.
- Screen, analyze and help execute new investment and acquisition opportunities
- Lead the building of complex financial models related to M&A valuation and business economics
- Conduct due diligence, perform valuation analyses, and oversee the integration of acquired businesses into the ongoing operations of The New York Times
- Meet with management teams, industry experts and internal NYT groups to help source new ideas
- Present investment opportunities to the Investment Committee through written and oral presentations, and conduct required follow-up
- Monitor the performance and manage the day-to-day operations of existing portfolio investments
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in investment banking, management consulting, venture capital or private equity, experience in media preferred
- Strong quantitative and finance skills (with an emphasis on valuation and corporate finance skills) and sound investment judgement
- Experience in evaluating M&A and venture investment opportunities including setting objectives, sourcing, funding, negotiation, and post-deal integration in the technology and media spaces
- Deep interest in the competitive and technological challenges facing the media industry
- Passion for The New York Times and the role of journalism in society
- Motivated, hardworking team player
- Excellent senior executive-level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to think like a principal or owner
- BS/BA is required; MBA or equivalent graduate degree is preferred
Benefits And Perks
- Make an impact by supporting our original, independent and deeply reported journalism.
- We provide competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families
- We support responsible retirement planning with a generous 401(k) company match.
- We offer a competitive parental leave.
- We are committed to career development and ongoing learning, and provide employees $8,000 annually for tuition reimbursement.
- We have frequent panel discussions and talks by a wide variety of newsmakers and industry leaders.
- Join a community committed to the richness of diversity, experiences and talents in the world we cover, supported by a variety of employee resource groups.
If interested, please apply here.