At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you interested in being a part of the mission to cure cancer at MSK? We have an exciting opportunity for an Investments Manager to join our Investment Management Division (IMD), reporting directly to the Senior Vice President and CIO.
In pursuit of patient care and scientific research, our team manages long-term investment assets in excess of $6 billion. The Investments Manager will be a completely integrated part of the investment team with responsibility for manager selection and monitoring across asset classes (including domestic equities, developed market equities, emerging market equities, fixed income, hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, and real assets), evaluating and determining asset allocation (particularly including differentiations across our three primary investment pools – our long-term pool, our short-term pool and our pension pool), and, risk assessment and measurement (also particularly as applied differentially across our three primary investment pools). As part of a collegial and agile team, the Investments Manager will be involved with all of the activities of the IMD while having primary responsibility for specific projects that may vary over time.
AS INVESTMENTS MANAGER, YOU WILL….
- Research investment managers and strategies globally across marketable and non-marketable opportunity sets
– Cultivate relationships with external managers pre- and post-investment (including in-person meetings with management teams and portfolio companies, which will necessitate travel)
- Secure access to attractive investment opportunities, including leading due diligence efforts, negotiating terms (including fees and capacity), and coordinating the efforts of outside service providers (including legal counsel and background checks)
- Identify and assess exploitable opportunities in the market, and initiate efforts designed to take advantage of these opportunities for the benefit of the portfolio performance
- Lead interactions with key internal (Finance, Legal, Compliance) and external (consultants, accountants and actuaries) constituencies
- Coordinate asset allocation across our pension and short-term investment pools, and, evaluate and assess differences in asset allocation across those pools and our long-term investment pool
- Conduct risk assessment and measurement across our pension and short-term investment pools, and, evaluate and assess differentials in risk management across those pools and our long-term investment pool
- Monitor existing investments and prepare extensive analytical reports on the portfolio to assess the performance of managers and funds
- Prepare and deliver a variety of reports (both quantitative and qualitative) and investment recommendations to the CIO and Investment Committee
- Identify, evaluate, implement and manage investment tools and resources
- Represent MSKCC to the investment community, including attending relevant industry events and conferences
- Manage and mentor junior personnel in the IMD
AS A CANDIDATE, YOU HAVE….
- Strong critical thinking skills and a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- A personal code of conduct that emphasizes accountability, enthusiasm, and initiative
- A collegial demeanor and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment
- An unerring internal ethical compass
- A belief in continuous improvement and an unrelenting attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively in a team with a wide range of personalities
- Strong time/project management skills
- A proven ability to work independently and under pressure
- An absolute willingness to contribute at any level, wherever needed
- A record of academic accomplishment, preferably including an MBA and/or CFA
- A record of material professional accomplishment, preferably including pension and/or fixed income experience
If interested, please apply here.