Dreamit Ventures is looking for a Program Manager to spearhead operations of our NYC-based UrbanTech acceleration platform. Dreamit UrbanTech focuses on cutting-edge real estate tech, construction tech and smart city startups selected from a global pool of startups.
The Program Manager will be responsible for handling and executing day-to-day operations and coordination and will work alongside the UrbanTech Managing Director. The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for enabling the successful execution of the 14-week acceleration program bi-annually in addition to ongoing responsibilities throughout the year. In addition to making sure the day-to-day is running smoothly while, at the same time, looking down the road to make sure the cycle will meet all goals, the UrbanTech PM will also get deep exposure to a wide array of global startups within the vertical, including their business models, go-to-market strategies, unique insights, aspirations, and challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside and support the UrbanTech Managing Director to execute Dreamit’s biannual accelerator program across content, curriculum, Customer Sprints™, and Investor Sprints™, ensuring that the program is operating in accordance with Dreamit’s best practices
- Handle program scheduling, logistics, and coordination for Customer Sprints and the Investor Sprints
- Perform initial screening of prospective cohort startups during application season and network with startups throughout the year for program recruitment efforts
- Research, identify, and source potential prospective Customer Sprint partners while building and managing relationships with current Customer Sprint partners
- Handle day-to-day cycle logistics while optimizing internal operations
- Work with senior leadership and channel partners to implement all accelerator program aspects including but not limited to curriculum needs and creation, advisor/mentor curation, partner relationship management, and general cycle procedures
- Connect startups with Dreamit’s network of industry experts, corporate partners & potential customers
- Support the UrbanTech Managing Director in program execution including documentation of meetings and management of program deliverables
- Plan and assist with management of numerous cycle and off-cycle events, including program kickoff week, and alumni and recruiting events
- 2+ years of work experience in business operations, program management, or experience in real estate tech, construction tech or smart city tech and/or venture capital experience
- Ability to anticipate the needs of team members and proactively volunteer to assist with critical initiatives
- Honed business development, organizational, communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong interest and/or experience in technology, startup and venture capital ecosystems
- Proven experience dealing with logistics and comfort with a variety of responsibilities and working in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Dreamit Ventures is an early stage venture fund that accelerates startups building transformative tech products in the fields of healthcare, real estate/built environment, and security. Dreamit invests in startups with demonstrable traction that are looking to rapidly gain customers, initiate new partnerships and raise capital. Startups participate in one of Dreamit’s three industry verticals: UrbanTech, HealthTech, or SecureTech. Founders meet with dozens of potential customers and partners on multi-city Customer Sprints™, pitch leading venture firms during Investor Sprints™, receive hands-on coaching, and gain access to a vast network of experienced alumni and advisors. Since its founding in 2008, Dreamit has accelerated nearly 300 startups, including LevelUp (acquired by GrubHub), SeatGeek, HouseParty, Adaptly (acquired by Accenture), Wellth, Biomeme, Tissue Analytics, Redox, Eko Devices, Raxar, and Elevate. Dreamit portfolio companies have raised over $800 million in follow-on funding and have a combined valuation of over $2 billion.
If interested, please apply here.