Citi Ventures’ mission is to ignite change and reimagine solutions that drive economic progress for clients. We accelerate the adoption of new business models and discover new sources of value by exploring, incubating and investing in new ideas, in partnership with Citi colleagues, our clients, and the innovation ecosystem.
The Discover 10X program is a channel for the incubation of new products and businesses designed to generate new organic growth for Citi. The program works in partnership between Citi Ventures and Citi businesses and incorporates the principles Lean Startup Methodology and a venture capital-style portfolio management. The goal is to launch new products and businesses that solve big client problems while positively affecting Citi’s innovation culture and innovation strategies.
The D10X Program manager will be responsible for launching and running a new region-specific D10X program in close coordination with the Latin America Markets & Securities Services business, Citi Ventures, Citi Innovation Labs, Citi technology, and other stakeholders. The role will report jointly into Citi’s Markets and Securities Services business and Citi Ventures.
- Create and launch a D10X incubation program specifically for the LATAM MSS business within Citigroup
- Manage a small core team of entrepreneurs and Citi staff while collaborating across a much larger set of Citi stakeholders to incubate and launch a portfolio of D10X projects
- Coordinate with other innovation leaders and programs in the region and with the broader Citi Ventures community
- Work with the MSS staff, Citi Ventures, and Citi institutional clients to originate new D10X ideas and themes
- Actively coach D10X project teams through applying concepts of lean, experimentation, and data science
- Ensure that D10X teams are staying grounded in outside-in thinking; help identify and expose D10X teams to external sources of inspiration and provocation; leverage Citi Ventures’ portfolio companies and investors appropriately
- Work with Citi relationship managers to engage clients about ideas being incubated and other innovation topics
- Work with local technologists, in-country teams, and Citi technology labs to manage product builds in an iterative manner
- Work across Citi to help identify potential fintechs that could be part of a partnered solution for any given D10X project
- Help develop new methods, techniques, and best practices for launching capital markets products- especially those that are heavily data oriented.
- As necessary, provide expertise and time on non-D10X innovation efforts in the region
- Work with the MSS LATAM business and country teams to continue to evolve its culture of innovation
- Up to 30% travel to Latin America required.
- 7-10 years relevant experience in:
- Startup founder/ co-founder role
- Corporate innovation, strategy and/or new business creation
- Digital product management,
- Institutional banking or investing experience; an understanding of capital markets is highly encouraged
- Experience in applying data science to solving problems or developing new products (note- coding experience not required, but the ability to work with coders and translate business needs is)
- Previous management experience, especially with other entrepreneurs, technologists, bankers, and digital
- An understanding of lean product development
- A basic understanding of the fundamentals of data science processes, theory, and techniques
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese
- Previous experience working in Latin America
- Consulting, program management, digital agency, CTO, or B2B sales experience
- Ability to manage and synchronize multiple efforts across many domains with daily context switching
- Ability to think strategically and implement tactically
- Strong leadership presence and influencing skills at the highest levels of executive leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to frame ambiguous, unstructured information in a logical and structured manner
- Ability to tackle and learn new subjects quickly; learns through productive failure
- Enhances team camaraderie; actively teaches, coaches and grows the team members’ skills and capabilities
- Cultural beacon- can positively impact the business and innovation culture of Citi
- Comfort working in a highly regulated corporate environment. Can manage risk and navigate control processes while ensuring that innovative ideas go to market in a timely fashion
Grade :All Job Level – All Job FunctionsAll Job Level – All Job Functions – US
Time Type :Full time
If interested, please apply here.