We’re a leading UAE-based early-stage fund building a global platform to invest in cutting edge tech! We back leading founders across various sectors, including 3 of MENA’s unicorns, who are tackling massive white spaces, building robust technology, and driving the evolution of the ecosystem in the MENA region and globally!
This Investment Manager opportunity is an immediate role between Dubai (our HQ), NY or London. There will be flexibility to work remotely, work in between the 3 cities, and work from our HQ in Dubai regularly.
- Performing market research for potential investments, including researching themes and sector trends, comparable companies, market dynamics and drivers to derive insights.
- Conducting product and service testing for specific companies and provide thorough summaries of the experience with feedback, as well as product comparisons.
- Preparing in-depth and robust models from scratch for each analyzed opportunity (web analytics, market sizing, unit economics, CAC/LTV modeling, cohort analysis etc.).
- Collecting all relevant research and analysis required for compiling investment memos for new and existing opportunities. Contribute to creating all IM’s from initial memos all the way up to follow-on memos.
- Performing valuation modeling on each investment opportunity and carry out sensitivity analysis to address risks and produce differentiated scenarios to test IRRs and investment hurdles.
- Tracking macro trends globally as it pertains to the technology sector and our portfolio companies.
Skills & Behaviors
- Relevant working experience preferably working for a top tier VC, Investment Bank, PE, or sovereign wealth fund within a transaction setting.
- Strong passion for technology and a deep understanding of the ecosystem of web and mobile services.
- Strong research, analytical, critical thinking and thought leadership skills and the ability to articulate opinions in a clear and concise manner.
- A self-starter with strong drive, high ownership, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to self-direct/manage their own time and productivity in a high tempo manner.
- Relationship intelligence skills and can liaise with multiple stakeholders, from founders to investors and experts.
- Organizational skills, meticulous work habits, and the ability manage the documents for a large portfolio of companies
- Flexible working hours, time-off policy, and optionality to work in between Dubai and London. We encourage digital nomads, love to spend time with our colleagues abroad and embrace all kinds of work style preferences!
- Work permit in Dubai or London.
- Competitive compensation package with carry, a performance-based bonus program, and top-tier global insurance coverage.
- Professional development and training on us!
- In our Dubai office, we host monthly team lunches, provide daily fresh juices, coffee and healthy snacks. You’ll also find meditation pillows, jump ropes, frisbees, a ping pong table, and scooters for some R&R time!
- Access to BECO’s global network and the ability to invest in cutting edge sectors across a wide range of industries.
IF interested, please apply here.