VMG is a global investment firm focused on partnering with the world’s most iconic brands such as Drunk Elephant, KIND, Perfect Snacks, Sun Bum and Daily Harvest. In July 2019, VMG debuted Catalyst, a $250M early-stage venture capital fund dedicated to early stage consumer internet and enterprise software businesses. The new fund will provide Series A and Series B capital along with consumer subject matter expertise to support high growth companies within this space.
VMG Catalyst is looking for someone with experience in investment banking, venture investing, startups or consulting to help us invest in the next iconic consumer and enterprise brands and assist with the portfolio. As a junior investor, you will have the opportunity to be part of the ground floor with a lot of exposure to senior investors and play a large role in shaping VMG Catalyst. For strong performers, this can be a career-track position.
Responsibilities will include supporting Partners through the entire investment process, from initial deal evaluation, execution and post-investment. This covers reviewing pitches, evaluating products, conducting due diligence (financial modeling, market research, competitive mapping, customer/reference calls), and portfolio support. Junior investors on the VMG Catalyst team are also encouraged and expected to surface high quality deals with confidence to lead the team discussion and debate.
Please introduce yourself through an email to email@example.com and include your resume, preferred location (SF/NYC), and 3 companies that you’re interested in and why (this can be in whatever format you want and however short or long). We will consider applications on a rolling basis with the deadline for applications due June 5th, 2020.
- 2+ years of experience and best-practice training at an investment bank, consulting firm and/or 1+ year(s) in venture capital/growth investing
- VMG also considers experience at a start-up within consumer internet or consumerized software relevant. Candidate should bring very applicable operating experience and/or strong network from their operating time that directly contributes to the VMG Catalyst ecosystem
You’re a good fit if you:
- Demonstrate strong interest in our core themes with the ability to identify and evaluate opportunities in the space: (1) consumer internet; (2) digitally native products; (3) backbone of commerce; (4) consumerization of software
- Exhibit exception critical thinking and present conclusions/findings through written and oral communication skills which includes strong attention to detail
- Are ambitious, analytical, intellectually curious with extremely strong work ethic
- Work with a team-first mentality
- Enjoy dynamic gear shifting and multitasking – pivoting from looking at ecommerce enablement to digital health to content commerce back to software all in a day’s work