Samsung Next is an investment group that champions the boldest and most ambitious founders who are creating a better future. We focus broadly on the technology areas of AI, blockchain, fintech, healthtech, infrastructure, and mediatech, but invest opportunistically in founders pursuing the imagined and impossible. Our entire team of top-tier investors, operators, marketers, and sales and business developers are committed to supporting every portfolio company. We do this via:
- Investments: attract and invest capital in the best builders in the world
- Platform: help our portfolio companies make the most of every opportunity
- M&A: acquire game-changing companies to help bring their products to consumers worldwide
About the Role:
Our Ventures team is growing, and we are looking for a Venture Capital Investor who is ready to build their network and engage the Samsung Brand. We are looking for someone in New York City to report to the NY Next Headquarters at least 2 days a week.
- Identify, source and evaluate potential investment opportunities
- Conduct due diligence on investment opportunities, including analysis of company overview decks and meetings with founders.
- Provide support to Samsung Next portfolio companies
- Contribute to learnings and insights in our sector focus areas: AI, Blockchain, Edge Computing, Media Tech, Digital Health and FinTech
- Establish and maintain strong external relationships and engage with tech entrepreneur and investor community to expand our network and evangelize the Next organization and mission
- Undergraduate degree
- 1-3+ years of business or technical experience
- Outstanding analytical skill, strong intellectual curiosity, enjoy continuous learning
- Outstanding communication skill, strong capability to abstract complex business or technical topics
- Team oriented, community contributor with high EQ
- Passion or experience in our sector focus areas (AI, Blockchain, Edge Computing, Media Tech, Digital Health and FinTech) a strong plus.
- Strong professional network in startup community a strong plus
- Investment (angel or other) background
- Digital-health related experience
At Samsung Next, we hold the steadfast belief that diversity and inclusion is essential to realize our mission and is a must-have for us to do our best work. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If interested, please apply here.