First Round is an early-stage venture capital firm on a mission to build and serve the world’s strongest community of entrepreneurs. In addition to being the first partner for generational tech companies like Square, Roblox, Uber and Notion, we’ve been actively investing in healthcare companies over the last 8 years. Our community of healthcare companies now includes: Flatiron Health, Clover, PatientPing, Forward, Nomad Health, Alma, Pine Park, Thirty Madison and over 20 others.
We’re looking for an Investor who is excited to invest in the next generation of startups focused on innovative care models, digital health infrastructure and novel platforms for drug development and discovery.
Your Core Role As An Investor Will Include
- Working closely with two of our investment partners to help discover, evaluate, and win investments in the tech enabled healthcare space.
- Building out investment theses in healthcare. Working closely with the rest of the First Round team you’ll be pushing our thinking on cutting-edge trends in healthcare.
- Partnering with the healthcare founders in our community to help drive strategic initiatives through working sessions and board meetings.
- Engaging healthcare operators, experts and practitioners already within the First Round ecosystem while also extending our network with your community building efforts.
You could be a great Investor at First Round if:
- You are grounded in best practices of medicine and the ins and outs of the US healthcare system. Perhaps you studied medicine or worked within a healthcare organization at scale.
- You are versed in the incentives and motivations of different players at a systems level (providers, payors, pharma, government).
- You are drawn to new ideas in healthcare. A creative thinker who likes to imagine the possibilities of how healthcare can improve and what products, software and services can enable that.
- You’ve been exposed to healthcare startups and disruptive ideas through your full-time job experience or academic work.
- You are comfortable working independently while also integrating your work into a team approach.
- You are enthusiastic to support founders in achieving their vision, helping connect them with resources and introductions to accelerate their impact.
- We serve entrepreneurs. We owe them our unvarnished opinion and unwavering support.
- We honor quality. The little things matter. High standards and attention to the craft are valued here.
- We favor action and think long-term. We decide and execute with urgency today. We define success with the long-term in mind.
- We cherish diversity and inclusion. The strongest communities around the world are diverse and inclusive. We work hard to make sure ours is, too.
- We do things our own way. We choose to be original and find unique, creative solutions to our biggest problems.
- We have fun. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
If interested, please apply here.