Interested in becoming an Intern for Techstars NYC? You will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode beyond all reasonable comprehension. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine and get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates and interns end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
About Techstars NYC
Home to a thriving tech ecosystem, Techstars NYC supports a diverse group of founders with world-class resources that help them grow and scale. Techstars NYC startup themes tend to be centered around Health, Wealth and Happiness. ( https://www.techstars.com/newsroom/back-to-basics-its-all-about-health-wealth-and-happiness )
General Job Description
As a Techstars NYC Intern, you will be working with one of our ten portfolio companies in a very hands on environment. You will serve as a key member of the team throughout the 13 week program. We are looking for folks who are passionate about entrepreneurship and innovation and who are excited about growing the startup ecosystem here in NYC.
In this generalist role you will work with the class of startups to help them build their business in a variety of ways – research, operations, etc – whatever they need to build incredible companies. For the program, interns will help maintain our mentor database, take notes in mentor meetings, and represent Techstars professionally within our network. You will even get to help run events that support our founders and the ecosystem.
Ideal candidates will be either rising juniors or seniors at the undergraduate level who are enrolled in business, entrepreneurship or management programs. All interns will be required to receive college credit towards their degree in order to fulfill the role. This is an incredibly unique experience to learn how a company is built from experienced founders and play an instrumental role in supporting their quest to scale.
- Jay Kapoor – My Summer as a Techstars NYC Associate ( https://jaykapoor.com/my-summer-as-a-techstars-nyc-associate-e4ba258339c4#.csf3hl1ro )
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA? ( https://medium.com/@DirkLehmann/techstars-associate-program-the-better-startup-mba-897d8070a313#.pwphhkauk )
- Kelly McDonald – Learn More Faster ( http://t.sidekickopen23.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs7gs834W8q-qrn6537xPVd0tpR56dRNRf1BxBVb02?t=http%3A%2F%2Ftechstarswp.wpengine.com%2Flearn-more-faster-a-techstars-associates-journey%2F&si=5379179335385088&pi=73d24d66-f9a3-4f87-ec51-4d1797c5e58a )
- Anthony Marnell – Techstars New York: A Reflection ( http://t.sidekickopen23.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs7gs834W8q-qrn6537xPVd0tpR56dRNRf1BxBVb02?t=http%3A%2F%2Fvacationanthony.com%2Fpost%2F56144631855%2Ftechstars-new-york-a-reflection&si=5379179335385088&pi=73d24d66-f9a3-4f87-ec51-4d1797c5e58a )
- Duc Luan Dam – Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1) ( https://medium.com/@luandd/luan-do-you-ever-sleep-being-an-associate-at-techstars-part-1-d54e64fc80b0 )
Techstars helps entrepreneurs succeed. Through the Techstars Worldwide Entrepreneur Network, founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow.
If interested, please apply here.