We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cyber security and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
Samsung NEXT Ventures is focused on investing in early-stage (seed, Series A, Series B) software and services companies that are strategically relevant to Samsung’s various business units. Our target investment areas are varied and include VR/AR, Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Blockchain, Identity, Mobility, Digital Health, Security and more. Samsung NEXT Ventures is a part of Samsung NEXT, an organization that seeks to drive innovation within Samsung. NEXT teams other than Ventures includes partnerships/business development, mergers and acquisitions, and product development.
The Ventures team is seeking an exceptional and driven Venture Intern who can thrive in an open, entrepreneurial environment. Our growing group includes members in Silicon Valley, New York, Berlin, Tel Aviv and Seoul and works collaboratively with the rest of Samsung NEXT and the broader Samsung organization.
The Samsung NEXT Venture Intern role is a full-time summer position, working with the 3 investment professionals in New York. Key responsibilities include:
- Investment Thesis. Support creation of new frontier investment thesis.
- Screaning Deals. Review investment opportunities, including analysis of company overview decks and meetings with entrepreneurs.
- Investment Analysis/ Due Diligence. Conduct initial research on investment opportunities, including financial and strategic analyses. Assist deal teams on due diligence (external and internal) for likely investments.
- Research Project. Work on a project (for presentation) around business models. Specifics to be determined closer to start date.
- Experience in product management, startups, strategy consulting, venture capital, private equity, or investment banking in media or technology
- MBA or other graduate programs; technical or engineering undergraduate degree from top-tier university
- Outstanding financial modeling, presentation, and written communication skills
- Unique research skills
- Strong track record of managing multiple projects with tight timelines from start to finish
- Ability to work quickly and meet tight deadlines, with great attention to detail
- Passion and expertise in technology and media
- Positive attitude, self-starter, and high emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Overseas work experience and/or cross-functional expertise is a plus
- This is not a guaranteed path to a full time position
To apply for this position, please submit
- 3 companies at the seed/series A stage you believe would be good investments for Samsung NEXT Ventures and why (2-3 lines, Enter this information in the section of application labeled “Is there anything else…”)
- A resume
- Cover letter – Why you are interested in venture capital and Samsung NEXT Ventures
Any writing or presentation samples samples related to startups and VC. This is completely optional and please limit yourself to at most two samples. These can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested, please apply here.