ou will be working within the Product Team at PrivCo, and your job function will focus largely on maintaining PrivCo’s coverage of private equity M&A activity as well as venture capital financing rounds, ensuring that all data is accurate, timely, and comprehensive. The role involves assisting our deals team in the daily tracking of news and regulatory filings, researching information from multiple sources, pulling out the key facts and figures, and resolving any discrepancies. The Deals Intern will participate in ongoing quality assurance initiatives and will work as part of a team that seeks to continually optimize M&A workflow. The ideal candidate will possess:
- An excellent work ethic
- A keen attention to detail
- An understanding of common deal structures and financial concepts
- Curiosity and problem-solving abilities
- An interest in becoming an expert in Private Equity, Venture Capital, and M&A
- A desire to build interesting M&A -related products and features
Through your internship, you will be able to refine your research abilities, increase your knowledge of private markets and private investments (VC Firms and PE Firms), and gain valuable experience using Microsoft Excel and various online regulatory databases (i.e. SEC Edgar, Companies House, various state registries, etc.).
Although we expect for you to learn more about private markets, data parsing, aggregation, and analysis, research techniques, and more, through the course of your internship, the ideal candidate will fit the following criteria:
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student or a recent graduate of such programs
- Earned a degree in, or is currently pursuing one in, Engineering, Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, Math, Statistics, Philosophy, and other related fields
- Strong research abilities
- Interested in M&A and startup news (TechCrunch, WSJ, Vox, etc.)
- Familiarity with financial concepts, particularly pertaining to Financial Statements and M&A transactions
- Out of the box thinking and ability to make strong inferences from little information
- Keen attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude
- Ability to adopt new concepts quickly and learn from and admit to your mistakes
Please send all resumes to Ari at email@example.com or submit through the LinkedIn portal. Only resumes in PDF format will be reviewed. 10 week, paid internship. 40 hour commitment required. Only candidates who can commit to a start date prior to February 2019 will be considered.
***Potential for full-time employment offer post-internship***
About the team:
The Product Team at PrivCo is the driving force behind developing the PrivCo platform and data associated with it that our clients use and see. We are responsible for everything from data sourcing and aggregation to cleaning & parsing, modeling, brainstorming new features, optimizing search, and identifying new sources. We are a rapidly-growing team of highly ambitious and competitive individuals who all have a passion for data and analytical insights.
If interested, please apply here.