The Investment Intern will assist the Senior Analyst across all facets of the business from portfolio data management, investor reporting, building internal portfolio management tools, conducting due diligence and sourcing investment opportunities.
About FJ LABS: FJ Labs is a leading venture capital firm focused on investments in marketplace businesses, consumer brands and commerce software. Headquartered in NY with over $200M in assets under management, FJ Labs has made over 400+ investments globally and is currently investing out of its second fund. FJ Labs mainly invests in early-stage startups and has invested in iconic companies such as Spotify, Flexport, Boxed, Uber and Airbnb. The team is a small, tight-knit group of open-minded individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- The Investment Intern will assist the Senior Analyst across all facets of the business
- Build monthly and quarterly reports for the fund’s investors
- Track and monitor the fund’s existing investments
- Update and run analyses on the exiting portfolio, calculating performance metrics and conducting benchmarking exercises
- Assist the Senior Analyst in identifying and sourcing new investment opportunities
- Strong analytical skills
- Very strong business writing skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- An innate interest in startups, venture capital, private equity and technology
- Ideal candidate will be enrolled in an MBA or Graduate Degree program in New York- with the flexibility to come into the office several times per week
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Understanding of financial principals with at least a general understanding of venture capital
- Extremely proficient at Microsoft Excel
- The ability to dedicate at least 20 hours per week, with some of that time spent physically in the New York office
- To submit an application, click below and please include your Resume and a short Cover Letter
If interested, please apply here.