Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Danone Manifesto Ventures Spring 2020 Co-Op (6mos-1yr) in New York City.
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its three businesses: Essential Dairy and Plant Based Products, Waters, and Specialized Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success.
To further this mission, Danone Manifesto Ventures (DV), Danone’s corporate venture fund, was formed. Through DV, we invest early in high potential food and beverage brands and related companies that share our vision of a future of healthy food. As a strategic investor, DV partners with food and beverage start-ups to not only help accelerate their growth but also to learn from them. We have strong beliefs and convictions, as stated in the Danone Manifesto, and a key criteria of our investment philosophy is a start-up company’s fit with this manifesto.
This co-op position involves assisting DV in support of its investments and strategic collaboration projects with its portfolio companies. This role is a unique opportunity to gain first hand exposure to corporate venture capital investments, innovative food and beverage start-ups, and a wide variety of business topics. The dates of this internship are January – July 2020 (with the potential for a full year position from January – December 2020) and the position will be located in the New York City, NY office.
For passionate people looking for autonomy, exciting career opportunities and the potential to impact the future of healthy food, Danone truly has something special inside.
Primary Project Responsibilities:
- Help identify and research food and beverage categories and start-up brands that align with the Danone Ventures strategy
- Present category trends and interesting brands to the team
- Manage database of brands to help drive investment strategy
- Actively participate in weekly team database review and monthly all-hands meetings
- Project manage team initiatives supporting the general operations of Danone Ventures
- Support portfolio company strategic projects
- Utilize MS Excel and Powerpoint for communication with team
- Presentations to team on internship projects
- Strong curiosity and interest in the food and beverage space, especially the future of food
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate degree program (preferably business degree focused)
- Strength working with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel & PPT)
- Ability to work autonomously and with a self-starter mindset
- Critical thinker and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to analyze data from a variety of sources to identify patterns/trends in the data and form conclusions and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to generate ideas and solutions to business opportunities and challenges
- Solid written and verbal presentation skills in English
- Comfort working in a team environment with leaders across all levels
If interested, please apply here.