Create is a venture studio founded by 20 of New York’s most successful entrepreneurs and investors, including the founders of GLG, SLT, Cadre, and Moat (acquired by Oracle). Using a rigorous research methodology and infrastructure, we build best-in-class companies with exceptional people.
About the role
Create is looking for a driven and entrepreneurial MBA Venture Intern to join our team for the summer. As a Venture Intern, you will be working directly with the studio’s Managing Partner and Senior Venture Architect. At its most basic level, your job will be to understand business concepts and work across every function of the company. We, and you, are generative, there will be no shortage of new business ideas. Your job will be to help us evaluate those ideas and bring them to life. If you love thinking about and digging into new and innovative ideas, this will be a great summer for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead qualitative and quantitative research to gain insight on industries and new market opportunities for NewCos.
- Perform due diligence on business concepts, models, markets, risks, and other considerations for NewCos.
- Gather and analyze data from diverse sources and share synthesized findings with the Create team.
- Work with the product team on MVP development, user testing, and product launch.
- Refine process and criteria for advancing NewCos from ideation phase to research, testing, and launch.
What you’re like:
- You love to learn and are insatiably curious.
- You do not need your hand-held. We can give you a problem, without a lot of structure, and know that you will create a structured response and find innovative ways to get at the requisite information.
- You thrive in fast paced environments where workloads are changing and require you to actively clarify needs and prioritize your time accordingly.
- You value data>opinions, but are not afraid to make a call when there are areas of grey.
- You value working on a diverse team, both culturally and from an experience perspective, and value multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Complexity is your friend. You know complexity well. You like complexity. You are comfortable with complexity and you are able, and enjoy, taking complex ideas and simplifying them.
- You are hyper focused on the user, wherever or whoever they may be.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Current MBA candidate
If interested, please apply here.