Corigin Ventures Summer MBA – Construction Technology Focus:
Corigin is a multi-disciplinary alternative investment firm with ~$500M+ assets invested in Real Estate & Venture Capital. Launched in 2012, Corigin Ventures is a Seed stage venture capital firm investing in Real Estate Technology, Consumer & Marketplaces. On the Real Estate Tech side (aka PropTech) we have been fortunate to partner with great entrepreneurs and have invested at the earliest stages in companies including Compass, Latch, Paintzen, Loftsmart, Renoviso, Bowery and others.
One of the hottest sub-sectors of Real Estate Tech today is Construction Tech. Construction represents 13% of worldwide GDP ($10 Trillion/year) and employs 7% of the world’s working population. However, in 2018 funding for US-based Construction technology startups was just $3.1B and just $731M in 2017 – a huge portion of that funding ($1.16B in 17’-18’) has gone to a single company, Katerra.
Roles & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a bright and entrepreneurial mind to work on two “deep dives” in different sub-sectors within Construction Tech. The deliverable should either be a Market Landscape like this (http://coriginventures.com/the-state-of-real-estate-crowdfunding/) or a Written Piece like this (https://www.propmodo.com/waking-up-from-the-dream-of-real-estate-tokenization/). You will have the autonomy to determine which sub-sectors you would like to dive into and will get feedback from the CV team during your process. This is great opportunity to push some thought leadership into the ecosystem and attach your name alongside Corigin Ventures’ brand. This is where ~90% of your time will be spent. In addition, we may require your help in performing due diligence on Construction Tech startups that we are evaluating. This position will report to Daniel Fetner, who helps lead Corigin’s PropTech investing efforts.
What you should expect:
- The internship will last 10 weeks between June-August; there may be an opportunity to extend the internship during the fall semester.
- We have an open desk within the Corigin Ventures office, and you will have the autonomy/flexibility to work at the office or remotely.
- You will have the ability to sit-in on Corigin Ventures’ weekly deal meeting.
- You will have the ability to interact and engage with our team.
What you should not expect:
- This is not a position that would transition to full-time; this is only an internship and a way to get your foot into VC
- This will not be a highly compensated role; there will likely be a monthly stipend – we are also happy to fill in any paperwork that allows the intern to receive credit from the university
For those candidates that are interested, please send your resume along with 4-5 bullet points on “why this role is a fit” to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!