This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a $4.9B market cap (re)insurer. We stand apart for our forward thinking legacy, outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
AXIS DIGITAL VENTURES
AXIS Digital Ventures (ADV) leads enterprise-wide efforts to partner with start-ups focused on data and analytics with high value (re)insurance applications, new product opportunities including emerging risks, and new distribution and (re)insurance business models. ADV is also charged with introducing innovative, enabling technologies across the Company’s businesses. On top of scouting, coordinating and leading technology partnerships, ADV also takes equity stakes in technology companies to align incentives, if it furthers AXIS Capital’s strategic interests.
The ADV intern will be expected to work part time, ideally 2, 8-hour workdays a week from January 2020 to June 2020, when they will join as a full-time summer intern as part of a larger, firm-wide AXIS Academy program (see below). However, they will still work in the ADV group for the 10-week duration of the AXIS Academy internship from June to August. Official start and end dates TBD.
About Axis Academy
AXIS Academy is a learning and development platform reflecting our commitment to helping our employees grow throughout their career journey – especially given the demands of navigating in such a dynamic industry. The AXIS Academy programs will enable people across all organizational levels to build their core knowledge and skills, while helping them to develop increasingly relevant capabilities for the pursuit of new challenges. Early Career Intern cohorts focus on building core (re)insurance concepts and fundamental technical skills through placement within a business area, allowing them to apply these new skillsets towards real-world business initiatives.
This internship will give you an opportunity to see what a career at AXIS is like first-hand. Interns will receive on-the-job training and the opportunity to work on meaningful projects.
Key Program Attributes
- Performing competitive research on emerging technology in the InsurTech & FinTech space
- Keeping track of sourced companies through our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
- Sourcing and evaluating start-ups that could strengthen AXIS’ businesses
- Working with business units to identify problems and thinking creatively about solutions technology could provide
- Weekly Workshops: hear and learn from AXIS employees in various business units
- Capstone Project: learn all about (re)insurance through our case study competition. All groups will present their PowerPoint to key executive leaders and the winner will receive a prize.
- Fireside Chats with Senior Leaders: get powerful insights from our executives & ask them questions.
- LinkedIn Learning: a learning path of online courses tailored to our interns
Required Education/Training & Experience
- Sophomore enrolled in a top Bachelor’s program
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up their sleeves to get a job done
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Software: All Windows operating systems, Microsoft Word, Excel
Other Desired Skills & Characteristics
- Interest in emerging technologies revolutionizing financial services (i.e., InsurTech, FinTech, RegTech, etc.)
- Intellectual curiosity: eagerness to learn about new technology, business problems facing insurance, frontier technology, etc.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Top-notch time management skills, deadline oriented
- Ability to create frameworks to solve hard-to-define problems
- A solid team player with a proven record of leadership who is also an independent thinker
- Sense of grit – no task is too small or menial
- Motivated self-starter
What We Can Offer You…
- Access to industry experts who are teaming with our early career professionals to reinvent Insurance together
- Opportunity to shape the future of insurance through sourcing companies for potential partnerships
- Tight knit, collaborative team
- Learn about emerging technology, venture capital and corporate innovation
- The possibility for a permanent role at AXIS after graduation
If interested, please apply here.