BASIC FUNCTION: The Director will be integrally involved in all aspects of Bio-Sciences Investment Activities for the NYSIVC Fund, including the identification of potential investments, the due diligence related to those investments, and post-investment monitoring activities related to the investment portfolio. Specific areas of focus would include the design & operation of a multi-year, state-wide Bio-Sciences business plan competition; as well as managing the $5M investment initiative for the prevention and treatment of breast/prostate cancer.
- Developing operating processes for the business plan competition, recruiting applicants for the competition and organizing review committees to select winning proposals
- Organizing and managing the breast/prostate cancer prevention and treatment initiative, assembling an Advisory Board and identifying promising investment in the sector
- Participating in all aspects of the investment due diligence process for fund investments in the Bio-Sciences sector including market sizing and mapping, competitive market identification, and industry research
- Developing and maintaining financial models related to VC financings, investment deal and company restructurings, valuation analyses, and liquidity events
- Preparing new investment deal review and presentation materials for the NYSIVC Fund Investment Advisory Committee and the ESD Board of Directors
- Supporting active deal flow by sourcing new investments including participating in meetings with founders and entrepreneurs, attending relevant conferences and networking events, and maintaining deal pipeline records
- Maintaining the NYSIVC company portfolio – This includes collecting and reviewing quarterly financial information, maintaining investment data, preparing company updates, and constructing professional presentation materials
- Assist in the analysis of the Innovate Fund-of-Fund’s portfolio (as needed)
- Monitoring all business plan competitions throughout the State for NYSIVC involvement
- Outreach to NYS incubators for deal sourcing and partnering
If interested, please apply here.