The NFL Strategic Investments group is seeking a Director who will support key business strategy and principal investment initiatives, including the NFL’s Strategic Investment Fund. The Director will identify and drive investment opportunities that meet the NFL’s that strategic criteria and are attractive financially. As part of these responsibilities, the Director will support deal sourcing, due diligence, execution, and post-investment activities. This is an exciting chance to be in a leadership role at the NFL and work daily with key league and club personnel. This role requires strong leadership qualities, an understanding of the sports and media landscape, and a foundation in investment sourcing and execution capabilities.
- Identify, develop and execute business strategies for key business areas
- Assist in developing new initiatives by assessing new markets and analyzing business opportunities
- Conduct financial analyses and develop proposals for new business and investment opportunities
- Take a meaningful role in all aspects of deal development and prospecting, sourcing, negotiating and closing, including proactively identifying potential business partners and negotiating agreements
- Partnership & client management
- Create and participate in strategic presentations to senior executives inside and outside the organization
- Effectively manage others to meet deadlines and deliverables
Education Or Equivalent Experience
- 5-10 years of experience in business development at a leading media company, consulting firm, or investment banking firm (preferably in TMT groups) and private equity / venture capital experience with tech / media exposure
- Bachelor’s degree, with an MBA helpful
The Director will be a bright, highly motivated, and confident business professional. It is essential that this person be a team player with a competitive but collaborative style. He/she will be proactive, with an ability to work independently and anticipate business needs.
The Director will be able to work effectively in developing strategic plans that incorporate thoughtful consideration and understanding of tactical execution. The ability to make decisions that are strategically well conceived will further characterize the successful candidate.
The Director will possess diplomacy skills and the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment. In addition to strong interpersonal abilities, excellent verbal, written, and oral presentation skills are essential.
The Director will have experience collaboratively working on multiple projects, as well as managing and providing development opportunities for a team.
Other Key Attributes/Characteristics
- Strong sense of prioritization and time management
- Able to establish credibility quickly in order to effectively interface at all levels in a complex organization
- A strong personal style that will enable him/her to persuade and motivate others to accomplish corporate goals
- A solid work ethic; positive attitude and potential for continued career growth
- High integrity
- Comfortable in both large, matrixed organizations, and in lean, “start-up like” environments
Terms/Expected Hours of Work
- NFL employees are required to work 40 hours per week
- FLSA exempt
- The NFL places a priority on having an in-person workplace, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success. We remain steadfast in our belief that working together as a team, in our physical office spaces, is critical to the successful execution of our season. For those reasons, we expect employees to work from an NFL office five days a week, except in limited circumstances permitted by NFL policy.
- The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- We also continue to prioritize the health and safety of our NFL workforce. Consistent with that commitment, in light of the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread the COVID-19, we require that members of our NFL workforce be fully vaccinated. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation for a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
If interested, please apply here.