At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Business Banking, we provide comprehensive depository, cash management, and lending services to businesses throughout our communities. While our clients are diverse, we are focused on meeting the needs of Venture Capital and the companies they invest in, Private Equity, professional service firms (doctors, lawyers, accountants, investment managers and consultants of all kinds), Wineries, Aviation and Marine, and Non-Profit Organizations. This role is specifically focused on Venture Capital and the companies they invest in (Startups and beyond). As a Business Banking team member at First Republic, you will work directly with clients to identify their banking needs and financial goals in order to deliver tailored solutions for their businesses, as well as their personal banking and wealth management needs.
We are seeking highly qualified Business Bankers to add to our growing team. Business Bankers are responsible for developing client relationships (both self-sourced and referred by colleagues at the Bank) and managing a portfolio of clients on both the deposit and credit sides of the business. In addition, Business Bankers will collaborate with other members of the Bank to add value to clients, including cash management, wealth management and private banking services for individuals. The successful candidate must be highly self-motivated, entrepreneurial and passionate about growing a business in a team environment that is all about providing exceptional client service.
What you’ll do as a Director:
- Develop, source, and enhance client relationships.
- Work with the Managing Director and other teammates to develop and execute team business development plan.
- Build relationships with internal and external partners (COIs, investors, founders, etc.), who may act as advocates and referral sources for team.
- Manage deal flow and prioritize opportunities to ensure team goals are met.
- Market and originate high quality lines of credit, in addition to referring residential loans (mortgages) and personal lines of credit.
- Portfolio management: monitoring financial performance of borrowers for credit quality and compliance with loan agreements, ensuring KYC of all clients, and building and sustaining strong client relationships.
- Market other commercial banking services, including deposits (cash management, on-line banking, and money market accounts) and Wealth Management referrals.
- Generate leads and grow the business through active networking, client referrals and working with colleagues to identify business opportunities within their client relationships.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Independent Judgment:
- Ability to select prospects most aligned with First Republic Bank’s business model.
- Ability to differentiate higher quality credit.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Excellent business development and cross-selling skills
- Understanding of credit
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Provide extraordinary service
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree, and a minimum of two years of professional and industry experience.
- Preferred: Ideally has specialization and/or experience with Venture Capital firms and/or Startups, with a network of Venture Capital and Startup clients, prospects, and referral sources.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.Apply for this job onlineShare on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.Please be advised that First Republic Bank will not ask you to provide personal information, including driver’s licenses, social security numbers, and passports during the interview process. If you receive a request of this type, please report it to Fraud@firstrepublic.com
If interested, please apply here.