XRC Labs is an accelerator and venture fund for the next generation of disruptors in the retail technology and consumer goods sectors. Our mission is to invest in and foster companies and products that innovate the face of retail and consumer goods fulfillment in a rapidly changing marketplace using design thinking as a key driving process. Our investments span the entire retail value chain: supply chain, store tech, online tech, analytics, consumer brands, and martech/adtech. We invest out of three funds: XRC Fund VIII for Pre-Seed investments, an Opportunity Fund and the Brand Capital Fund for early stage investments in Direct-to-Consumer brands in areas such as CPG, Beauty, Personal Care, Household Goods and Consumer Health brands.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. It’s our job to create a stimulating environment for the people who work here. We pride ourselves on giving our employees an opportunity to explore the myriad aspects of entrepreneurial businesses and to contribute in a meaningful way.
XRC Labs is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
Companies and teams are held together by shared values. They are tangible statements of the performance we aspire to. These values drive our business in every transaction and interaction.
At XRC Labs, we
- innovate in a collaborative environment. No task is too big or too small for anyone to take on.
- endorse economic well-being that fosters a global improvement in the economic condition of participants in the global economy.
- embrace sustainability so the Earth we leave to future generations is a better place than when we inhabited it.
- demand honesty, integrity and fairness in our internal and external relationships.
- recognize and nurture excellence in people, technology and products.
- mentor the next generation of innovators and staff.
- share and exchange ideas in an open forum to generate new solutions.
- applaud initiative and encourage solutions from multiple sectors, applied to retail and consumer products.
WHO YOU ARE
This role currently reports into a Partner across XRC’s family of funds, but will be working directly with an incoming Principal of the XRCLabs Accelerator Fund. Candidates should thrive in a high-paced environment where they are able to prioritize and multitask on concurrent deal processes and projects. They will play an active role in screening applicants to the accelerator as well as proactively source deals within the tech ecosystem who could become XRC investments.
The position involves the full range of skills that go into making investment decisions in a typical pre-seed venture round and fund management:
- Understand and research the landscape and categories under consideration
- Build competitive landscapes that identify the differentiations of the sourced candidates
- Stay up to date with trends in the space
- Interview founders for quality, company potential and culture fit
- Grade founders for quality, company potential and culture fit
- Be an active participant in Weekly Investment Committees
- Support investor relations support by assisting with quarterly investor updates and requests
- Provide support to Labs Team
- Provide support to portfolio founders
Experience with startup research and sourcing, a plus. If you have worked at a venture firm, even better!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in an analytical role or early stage company
- High interest in retail and consumer industries
- Familiarity and network within the startup ecosystem
- Enthusiastic, driven, and great at articulating value of XRC offering
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and remain organized
- Keen eye for evaluating startups with strong analytical and communication skills
- Team player who doesn’t hesitate to roll up sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- Knowledge of early stage retail technology and consumer goods landscape across beauty, personal care, and health and wellness exposure a huge plus
If interested, please apply here.