Business Development Associate
About ValueStream Ventures
ValueStream Ventures is a thesis-led investment firm, specializing in post-seed and Series A investments. VSV invests in B2B technology companies led by teams that understand how to generate and leverage proprietary data into scalable platforms. VSV combines deep expertise in data assets with capital and business development support to bring a differentiated approach to how data can be leveraged to create substantial value. VSV has offices in New York and San
Francisco and invests across North America.
ValueStream Ventures is hiring for a Business Development Associate on our Platform team. The Associate is expected to play an important role in sourcing new investment opportunities and building customer relationships on behalf of portfolio companies. In addition, the Associate will support the investment team in external diligence on potential investments. The Associate will work directly with General Partners of the firm and collaborate with team members across the Investment, Platform and Operations teams.
- Help VSV expand its partner ecosystems (VCs, CVCs, Accelerators, Incubators, CXOs)
- Identify and track high-potential investment opportunities using firm network, internal tools, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Affinity, Crunchbase, Pitchbook, and other databases.
- Identify and track companies with high-value datasets that may be relevant to VSV portfolio companies and partners.
- Help VSV portfolio companies identify potential customers and navigate the enterprise sales process.
- Maintain an active, organized, searchable list of co-investors and downstream investors to support VSV portfolio companies.
- Support the investment team by leveraging the firm network for the purposes of investment diligence (e.g. customers, references, industry experts).
- Aggregate talent needs from portfolio companies, developing outbound searches through firm networks to help identify potential candidates.
- Help VSV continuously improve platform and business development strategy from idea-generation through to development of new processes and internal tools.
- Highly motivated individual with a passion for building networks and connecting with others in their industry
- Self-starter with strong analytic backbone and comfortable working with minimal oversight
- A high degree of energy, enthusiasm, perseverance and humility
- A natural hustler with a learning/growth mindset and a process mentality; someone who values feedback and can implement it in real-time
- At least 1-4 years of work experience, preferably in Sales, Business Development, or Recruiting. Experience at a High Growth tech company is favorable however not required.
Start Date: Variable
Location: New York, San Francisco, or Remote
How to apply: We are seeking introductions via referral. Interested candidates should send a forwardable intro request along with their resume and linkedin profile to a mutual connection of ValueStream Ventures.