Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Ventures invests in early-stage, data-driven startups across a wide variety of industries. We partner with transformative companies that leverage the exponentially increasing availability of information, advancements in the science of computing, and the ingenuity and problem-solving of visionary humans. As part of Two Sigma, we provide entrepreneurs access to a proprietary network of data scientists, technologists, and startup resources to give them a competitive edge.
TSV is seeking an Investment Associate to be a hands-on contributor to all aspects of our investment process.
You Will Take On The Following Responsibilities
- Exposure to a broad set of companies in multiple industries, from a highly active and outward-facing role in the exciting NYC venture community
- Joining a small team and receiving significant responsibility and experience early in a venture investing career
- Working with the TSV team, and many other groups within Two Sigma, in all parts of the investment process, including sourcing, company evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and ongoing portfolio support and management
You Should Possess The Following Qualifications
- Track record of academic success including a bachelor’s degree
- Passion for technology and science as evidenced by professional or academic accomplishments in computer science, engineering, math, design or another technical discipline
- 2-5 years of experience evaluating market structure, competitive dynamics, and company financial performance at a leading venture capital fund; or experience in a product management or engineering role at a technology company
- Entrepreneurial and leadership experience
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivation and a strong work ethic
- A desire to work in a creative, imaginative, future-focused setting
You Will Enjoy The Following Benefits
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
If interested, please apply here.