Tusk Venture Partners is an early stage venture capital firm that invests in startups operating in highly regulated markets, or are creating new business models where no regulatory framework exists. Example investments include: Lemonade, Fanduel, Coinbase, Bird, Roman, Wheel, Lithic and Sunday.
Role & Responsibilities:
As an integral member of our team, you’ll be responsible for helping source new opportunities, performing due diligence on potential investments, and supporting the firm’s ongoing operations. You’ll work closely with the Partners and other team members to support the firm and our growing portfolio. Your day to day responsibilities will vary widely and you’ll need to be comfortable managing multiple projects and tasks at once.
As an investor at Tusk, you’ll have the opportunity to work across any number of industries and business models while developing your own skillset and investment ideas. You’ll be expected to identify new areas for the firm to explore and establish subject matter expertise/leadership within them.
We value self starters: with the autonomy you are granted, you’ll be expected to create your own swim lane to help drive value for the firm. This is a relationship-driven job and industry, so you’ll be expected to forge new relationships and build your network, no matter its size right now. Compensation will depend on the specific person and their experience, but will certainly be market competitive.
Responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing by finding companies, tracking founders, taking initial meetings at your own direction.
- Evaluating potential investments through financial due diligence, market research and competitive analysis as well as assisting in the preparation of investment memos.
- You will work alongside the relevant Partners to support our portfolio companies.
- You will assist in the preparation of fundraising documents and investor updates.
- You will be expected to build out your own investment theses. Coming into the room with expertise on a specific landscape, establishing industry contacts/knowledge relevant to that landscape, and educating the team are important to the professional development of the team as a whole, and to the companies we consider for investment.
- You should be willing and ready to collaborate with others on the team to identify new opportunities for developing things like content, programming and internal tools/resources/products.
This position will require travel (minimum 20%)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2–5 years of relevant experience, including but not limited to: venture capital or private equity (prior investment experience is strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated appreciation for collaboration, entrepreneurial endeavoring, and analysis; strong in both qualitative research and quantitative analysis.
- Authentic passion for technology industries and deep respect for entrepreneurship
- Demonstrated interest in network building and tech startups
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with incomplete data
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and document management.
Interested candidates should submit their application via the form below.
If interested, please apply here.