Tinicum Venture Partners (TVP) is a new partnership developed from a nearly 75-year-old platform of industrial, manufacturing, and distribution businesses with operations that generate ~$2BN in revenue across 26 countries. TVP seeks to invest in early to mid-stage industrial technology businesses with great entrepreneurs. TVP will bring its capital, expertise, and platform to uniquely benefit and accelerate the growth of its portfolio companies.
TVP is seeking an experienced, full-time investing venture Associate who can source, research, and evaluate venture opportunities. This is a unique opportunity to support TVP in identifying, vetting, and closing top deals within the industrial technology ecosystem.
This individual will support the firm’s efforts to source, evaluate, conduct due diligence, and support portfolio companies post-close. Ultimately, the successful Associate play a key role in the execution and management of early-stage venture investments.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced, professional, but entrepreneurial environment where you’ll have significant input into the creation of a unique portfolio. You will leverage our industrial platform to help in executing your role and collaborate with a talented team of operating professionals.
- Conduct outreach to VCs, entrepreneurs, incubators, and more to help fill our deal pipeline with prospects
- Identify and research potential investment opportunities, as well as develop and maintain the deal pipeline
- Create and maintain market map of relevant entrepreneurs, companies, VCs, and incubators
- Vet potential deal opportunities that align with TVP’s investment mandate, including interviewing company teams, competitors, customers, etc
- Advise and collaborate with portfolio companies on strategy and execution, including helping to facilitate scaling of portfolio companies by leveraging advisors, the broader TVP network and platform, and industry contacts
- Develop investment memos and execute the Investment Committee processes
- Assist in the monitoring of existing investments and support existing founders in the portfolio across a variety of efforts
- Maintain fund performance metrics in close collaboration with TVP back office / finance support
- Manage deal flow and related database inputs
- Present companies and work closely and collaboratively with the Managing Partner, as well as the Tinicum’s industrial portfolio companies
- Educate deal sources and companies/entrepreneurs about TVP and our process and effectively manage relationships in a professional, courteous manner
- Develop and maintain proprietary deal and market intelligence
- Contribute positively to TVP’s culture
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of experience in venture capital preferred
- 1-4 years of additional professional experience in finance, start-up strategy/operations, consulting, and/or other applicable experience
- Self-starter and ambitious, but good team player and personnel manager
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent work ethic and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated interest and experience in industrials, manufacturing, and/or entrepreneurship, as well as emerging companies and technologies
- Experience in company research and due diligence preparation
- Track-record of managing multiple, complex projects at the same time
- Strong writer and communicator, excellent listener, with superior sales skills and comfort regularly interacting with potential community members
- Capable networker, with an ability to grow our system and process for identifying deals
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, balanced by ability to get and communicate big picture
- Smart, creative thinker and problem-solver, fast learner, with demonstrated initiative
- Database management and strong technical and social media experience a plus
If interested, please apply here.