The Creator Fund is WeWork’s first venture capital fund that invests in early-stage companies. We invest in WeWork member companies, transformative companies driving the future of work and impact winners of WeWork’s Creator Awards.
Overview of Business Development Role
As a Business Development Associate, you will be responsible for researching, sourcing and evaluating regional pipeline opportunities for The Creator Fund, including market scanning across target verticals, competitive landscape and pipeline development, relationship cultivation, opportunity evaluation and due diligence with promising companies across the ecosystem.
The Creator Fund is a small team comprised of individuals previously from top-tier consultancies, investment banks, and technology companies, and marked by a passion for working with startups and founders. The right candidate for this role is a super smart, organized, self-starter who demonstrates a strong sense of ownership, along with excellent problem solving, process and task prioritization, and people and communication skills. This individual is able to work independently to form a thoughtful point of view rooted in both deep analysis and a macro perspective, and to take learnings about a particular product or business model and connect the dots to the broader market dynamics and trends.
An entrepreneurial background, experience working in venture and/or high growth startups is preferred. A genuine, demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship, investing and technology is a must.
Since we operate in a fast-paced and relatively unstructured environment, you will wear many hats and need to be able to quickly adjust to changing priorities. No matter what it takes to get the job done, you can be counted on to deliver, and deliver something excellent.
- Support the deal flow process, particularly early-stage sourcing and evaluation of potential investments, ensuring clear communication, progress tracking and alignment across our portfolio.
- Sourcing: Create a systematic approach to research market opportunities and contribute to deal flow. Identify, research and propose quality companies for consideration by the investment team.
- Tracking: Use a structured approach to track KPIs and progress of pipeline companies. Codify learnings across entire portfolio to build institutional knowledge across a variety of business models, sectors and markets.
- Evaluating: Support due diligence for potential new investments through detailed market research and analysis, review of technology, financial modeling and valuation. Structure and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to draw insightful and relevant conclusions.
- Be a valuable partner to our portfolio companies by assisting them with a variety of strategic and tactical needs, including research projects and competitor analysis.
- Help build/refine our internal processes, catalogue knowledge and manage our CRM system.
- Continually identify and pursue additional ways to better understand markets, business models, products and technology. Always seek to provide data-driven insights.
This person must have:
- 3-5 years of professional work experience, including 1-2 years in top-tier management consulting, investment bank or corporate development role and 1-2 years in venture, high-growth startups or entrepreneurship.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university required.
- Demonstrated experience building, managing, and analyzing technology products and/or companies.
- Outstanding ability to clearly and concisely communicate key ideas, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience performing comprehensive analyses on a variety of problems or transaction structures.
- Self-starter with demonstrated capability of working independently and working effectively as part of a small team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with quick deadlines and topical pivots.
- Ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, passionate about working with startups and founders, and driven by novelty/new challenges.
If interested, please apply here.