The Spring Mountain Capital Growth Equity team focuses on providing expansion capital to companies capitalizing on breakthrough innovations, paradigm shifts, or fundamental market or behavioral changes. SMC invests in two sectors of the U.S. economy undergoing the most change and with the highest growth potential: enterprise technology and healthcare companies. The fund is operationally involved, takes board seats, and works closely with its portfolio companies to build value. Our latest fund includes investments in leading companies such as Maven Clinic, IsoPlexis, AwareHQ, RiskSense, and Koneksa Healthcare.
We are looking to add an Associate with 1-3 years of investment banking, consulting, venture capital, or private equity experience. The Associate will be a key member of a collaborative team and, as such, will be involved in all aspects of the investment process, including but not limited to diligence, execution, and monitoring of investments, including extensive time with management teams. This is a partner-track position for the right candidate.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluate new investment opportunities and play an active role in determining which ones to pursue
• Work on all stages of due diligence including market analysis, financial diligence and conducting both primary and secondary research
• Synthesize large amounts of information about each investment opportunity and write investment memos
• Create detailed business and financial models and run analyses using industry knowledge, company research; analyze findings and effectively communicate with senior team members
• Perform in-depth market research, including competitive analysis to support or reject investment opportunities under consideration
• Prepare presentation materials, including company overviews and diligence findings
• Participate in and attend board meetings
• All candidates must have at least 1 to 3 years of full-time work experience in investment banking, consulting, venture capital, or private equity
• While not a prerequisite, it would be helpful to have spent time on healthcare or technology businesses
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills; ability to synthesize large amounts of information in a concise manner
• Demonstrated skill in constructing financial models using Excel
• Self-starter; ability to work well independently or within a team sometimes with limited direction
If interested, please apply here.