Please do not apply if you do not have at least 2-3 years of experience in investment banking, consulting, sales, and/or PE/VC.
SeedInvest is seeking an Associate to join our Venture team in Manhattan, New York . We run extremely flat and are looking for someone that can not only execute, but become a core member of our team and contribute to the mission, vision, and culture here in a very positive way. This is a salaried full-time position ($70k – $80k) with equity compensation (0.03% – 0.05%).
We Are Looking For Someone
- With a deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and SeedInvest
- That agrees that the people and the mission are more important than any job description
- With a desire to take ownership of work
- That has strong critical thinking skills
- With the ability to run in the right direction given a lot of rope
- With a strong bias for action
- With an unending drive and a thirst to learn
- That is transparent and honest with excellent communication skills
You’ll Be Expected To Be Very, Very Good At
- Generating leads for new investment opportunities
- Building and maintaining relations with startup founders and management teams
- Executing on cold outreach and educating startups about SeedInvest
- Exploring startups and build a deep understanding relevant investment sectors
- Performing preliminary due diligence on select investment opportunities
- Presenting investment opportunities to our Screening Committee on a weekly basis
The Minimum Requirements Are
- BA/BS degree
- 2-3 years of experience in investment banking, consulting, sales, or VC/PE
- Strong knowledge of venture capital and entrepreneurship
- Prior experience sourcing and closing on investments
- Excellent finance and accounting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Some Extra Credit That We’d Love To See
- Prior experience with a startup
- Technology background and/or interest
- Series 82 and 63 licenses
SeedInvest is a leading equity crowdfunding platform that provides individual investors with access to vetted startup investment opportunities. SeedInvest was instrumental in the passage of the 2012 JOBS Act, which changed 80-year-old U.S. securities laws to make it possible for entrepreneurs to raise capital over the Internet. SeedInvest has funded over 150 startups and boasts a rapidly growing network of over 250,000 investors. SeedInvest has had over 40,000 startups apply to raise capital since inception and has accepted less than 1% of those companies to feature on the platform. The company was recently featured on the 2018 Inc. 500 List as the 4th fastest-growing financial services company in America.
If interested, please apply here.