Samsung Catalyst Fund is an evergreen multi-stage venture capital fund that invests globally in innovative technology startups, on behalf of Samsung’s mobile, device solutions and consumer electronics groups. https://samsungcatalyst.com/
The group is headquartered in Menlo Park, with additional offices in Tel Aviv, Paris and Seoul. Recently, the Samsung Catalyst Fund opened an office in New York City, and is looking for a new member of the NYC team to join as a VC Associate, who has a technical background as well as investing experience and relationships in the venture ecosystem.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Source series A/B investment opportunities across the East Coast (including NYC, Boston, Toronto & Montreal)
- Initiate and maintain relationships with entrepreneurs
- Conduct market, product and financial due diligence
- Financial analysis and returns modeling
- Take a large role in the deal closing process
- Interact with other venture investors, advisors and colleagues at Samsung
- Develop investment insights into areas of interest to the fund
- Support existing portfolio companies
- MBA/Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, or related from a top institution.
- Desirable: a BS/BA in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or Applied Math
- At least 3 years of investment banking, consulting, venture capital or a start-up
- Demonstrated aptitude for understanding new technologies
- An established industry network within the East Coast technology/entrepreneurial community
- Demonstrable ability to build financial models to assess operating economics and investment returns
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please apply here.