Red Apple Group is looking for an Investment Associate. This position will conduct research and analysis on potential investments, utilizing a primarily fundamental approach to security selection. Associates are expected to have a strong valuation background and the ability to conduct primary research. Successful Investment Associates are given greater responsibility and flexibility to work at higher levels within the public security division of the firm and, depending on aptitude and interest, other parts of the firm which include venture capital, private equity, and real estate.
- Capability to source/generate potential investment ideas, and deeply study industry trends, performance drivers, business models and distill security-specific and industry investment theses into actionable trades.
- Conduct detailed valuation work and construct in-depth company financial models
- Work closely with senior investment professionals to discuss pitch ideas regularly, monitor existing investments, information-flow, sentiment, etc.
- Participate in industry conferences, earnings calls, and lead meetings with management teams (may include travel)
- 3+ years of work experience in equity research, preferably with coverage of multiple sectors/industries
- Excellent analytical and quantitative ability
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in finance, economics, engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics or a related field.
- Strong academic history; advanced degrees or CFA is positive.
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to improve
- Passion for investing in public markets
- Possesses and/or can build strong industry network
- Proven idea generation track record
- Demonstrated ability to conduct primary research
- Disciplined and scalable diligence process
- Dedicated and detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong understanding of multi-order risk measurement and management
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Strong excel skills with a demonstrated ability to build valuations
- Strong writing and communication skills, with the ability to write pitches/decks for proposed investment, then convey it to senior investment professionals.
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to work independently and succeed in the absence of detailed instruction
If interested, please apply here.