Primary is looking for a strong up-and-comer in the New York tech scene to join our investment team! We’re on the hunt for an Associate to work with GP Ben Sun and Principal Jason Shuman on all of our B2C investment activity. The ideal candidate is a resourceful, data-driven, intellectually curious person that is ready to hustle. This is someone who has 2–5 years of real-world experience.
The perfect candidate has the following characteristics:
- Consulting, banking, VC, or tech experience
- Knowledge of consumer tech landscapes and business models with an ability to quickly articulate a point of view around emerging themes
- Strong core analytical toolset of the sort you would acquire if your first gig out of college was at a place like McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, or Insight. You’ll be doing a lot of due diligence
- A self-starter who we can trust to outline and execute on a diligence plan, identify and form relationships with future founders, and bubble up strong investment opportunities
- Hustle is your middle name. Need to get an answer or get something done? You will make that cold call. You will ask for that favor. You will bust down that door. You do what it takes!
- An organized person who will stay on top of tracking pre-seed company progress, the movements of Founders who recently exited, top tier angel and pre-seed firm portfolios, accelerator companies before they’re raising, and startups coming out of the top universities
Interested candidates should email a CV, LinkedIn profile, and an investment thesis, business model and/or market they like to Jason@primary.vc.
Comp and title will depend on the specific person and their experience, but will certainly be market competitive, and include upside in the fund.
This is moving fast, with a number of interesting candidates already in the pipeline, so serious candidates should submit applications by January 1st! We look forward to meeting you!