The Partnership Fund for New York City is a social impact investment fund focused on creating jobs in New York City and growing the local economy. Our investments range broadly—from projects in inner city neighborhoods that help provide employment and better services to underserved populations to those that catalyze the growth of emerging sectors such as life sciences and fintech. In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, in 2020 we launched the NYC Small Business Resource Network, which is a public-private partnership to accelerate small business recovery, in partnership with NYC and the five borough chambers of commerce. We also operate the FinTech Innovation Lab, which connects emerging fintech companies to large financial institutions, and the Transit Tech Lab, which is a partnership with the MTA and other NYC metro public transit agencies to identify new technologies for public transit. Going forward, the Partnership Fund will be increasingly focused on investments and initiatives that support (i) public sector innovation, (ii) developing new approaches to financial and social inclusion and (iii) women and minority entrepreneurship.
The Partnership Fund was started in 1996 by Henry Kravis under the auspices of the Partnership for New York City, the city’s premier business organization. Our funding was provided by the private sector. We have invested over $180 million since inception.
Interested candidates should apply through this link:
- Evaluate business plans and provide feedback to senior management
- Assist senior management and a team of industry experts in conducting due diligence and analyzing investments. Build and sensitize detailed financial models.
- Prepare investment memoranda for approval from the Partnership Fund board
- Draft and execute deal documents with senior management and pro bono legal assistance
- Monitor financial and qualitative performance of portfolio companies and keep Partnership Fund senior management informed
- Update financial models and reports of portfolio companies
ADVANCE FUND MISSION
- Contribute to building the organization. Help build, maintain and maximize the Fund network
- Conduct research in support of the Fund’s initiatives
- Perform organizational tasks to ensure success of the Fund
- At least two years’ work experience involving in-depth financial modeling and corporate valuation (most commonly investment banking, but can be other roles with demonstrated financial experience)
- Excellent financial modeling, analytical skills, and ability to understand business issues
- Strong commitment to social impact and entrepreneurship and to the Fund’s double bottom line mission
- Exemplary interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
The Partnership for New York City is committed to public health and to the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and guests. We have adopted a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption. This position is on site.
The Partnership for New York City is deeply committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender or intersex status, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, familial status, caregiver status, domestic violence victim status and intern status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law.